Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Corolla Gs Cd /mp3 Changer

sankar

Is any one can adivise what type of CD/MP3 Changer I must use for my Corolla GS. It looks like there are lot of options from brands. But I am not sure which one is compatable?

Kind Regards

Sankar

• 3 weeks later...

Got a kewood KDCM907 CD/MP3 Headunit in my 1998 rolla along with a kenwood KDC-CPS87 changer under the passenger seat fixed down with velcro (No drilling :D )

JBL 6 1/2 front Speakers (took me a day and a half to fabricate MDF spacer rings :angry: ) and JBL 5 1/2s are going in the back (Again loads of agro :angry: but they ARE GOING TO FIT in those corners if it kills me).

And last but not least a 12inch Vibe active sub :D

Chris

i have a similar question !. is it possable to fit an aftermarket uunit ie a kenwood head unit to an X reg gs !!. and where can i get a facia plate !. so far the guy i got out to fit it told me it cant be done !, was he being lazy !

• 2 weeks later...

The X reg will be a facelifted car like mine.

If yours is the same setup as mine (standard CD player) Its a bit of a harder job. Not much.

The single CD slot is below the heater controls, this unit and the small pocket below that can be taken out. The pod on the top of dash can be taken out too.

Then you can decide whether to get:

an older style pod to put a headunit in there or

a single DIN headunit to replace the original CD slot or

a double DIN unit to replace the original slot + the pocket.

If you were to choose either of the bottom 2 methods, you may want to replace the pod with an older one for storage space.

This might all be compete rubbish but its the case with my car, sorry if yours is any different! :thumbsup:

ross

Its not that big a job on foresight, dont know the exact details, but the dash is easy enough to strip down, then you could see what would fit and what wouldnt. Im not tip top with the wiring yet though. And im prob not touching the sounds til the start of next year. Sorry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links