Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supra Twin Turbo Vs Skyline Gtr

swales_p

Here's a question to you all, please dont be biast towards Toyota here seeing as we all own one.

Which one is the best + what would you rather own?

I personally dont have a clue and like em both - looks supra, cred skyline, power errrm arrrgh!!!

:thumbsup:

This os an ongoing debate... Just remember that the mk4 supra came out in 1993, and carried on reletively unchanged untill it ended production. The Skyline kept on evolving, so for a "fair test" a 1993 skyline should be compared!!!

A UK spec mk4 supra has more power :thumbsup: Skylines are Fugly, and have poncy 4WD.. no one can deny they are !Removed! quick tho!, and possibly the most tunable car out here???

Both have had their reputations shattered by featuring in fast and furious :lol:

sorry i like Supra's, but judging be the shows i go too.

a heavily modded supra will still not knock the spots of a heavily modded GTR.

as rocket ronnie proves every year at TOTB. :(

but as for which one i would own; the Supra as it looks much better.

but i'm sticking with the MR2 for now :)

Very simple...

Stock for stock

Skyline is best for grip and handling because of the very clever electronics and 4wd system.

Supra has equal if not faster 0-60 (depends on model) and a higher top speed because it has 400cc more engine over the skyline.

Modified

Skyline can pull off fast 1/4 mile times easy and is easy to modify

Supra will do quicker 1/4 miles times than the skyline with the right amount of money spent on it - not cheap

:thumbsup:

I've not driven a Supra but have had a go in a Skyline. !Removed! quick car but not really much to look at. I'd go for the Supra if its as quick :thumbsup:

I love the looks and feel of a Supra but have recently seen an R33 GTR close hand and I have to say it was gorgeous :thumbsup:

No idea how they would be against each other except from what I've heard but you know - each to their own and at the end of the day, both are superb examples of Jap sports technology and design and I'd take wither if I had the cash now and one was available...Insurance is no problem for me and if I can get a sandwich and my cameras in the boot and the bird in the front seat smiling then I'll have either thanks very ta. :thumbsup:

Personally I love the shape of the Skyline, and having driven neither I cannot use that to decide me, but with unlimited play car funds..............um Skyline, in black, oh yeah must have a large section bit of air conditioning duct sticking out the back, yeah it might be sad but I love the sound of a Skyline, shallow I may be...

that vid means sod all.

could of been a driver error or owt.

dont get me wrong i know their rapid

just showing a vid isn't going to show un-dipusted proof though is it now.

We can all answer which we would own.....But which is best is not something any of us are really qualified to answer........They are both superb cars and in reality most people on here would not pass over the chance to own either given a free hand......... :thumbsup:

We can all answer which we would own.....But which is best is not something any of us are really qualified to answer........They are both superb cars and in reality most people on here would not pass over the chance to own either given a free hand......... :thumbsup:

speak for yourself

They are both superb cars and in reality most people on here would not pass over the chance to own either given a free hand......... :thumbsup:

sorry happy with the tubby i own. :)

Liam: that GTR in your avatar is at the garage where i bought my tubby from. :thumbsup:

Great looking car, and performs "s" hot aswell.

But when you get up close to it, you see stone chip marks all over the nose cone :(

CAR PLANET LTD

Fully Loaded Limited Edition R34 V-Spec in Absolutely pristine condition! The one and only chance to own this totally unmark special super car!!! Only £44,995

108a.jpg

notice the £60k price tag in the windscreen. lol

In a review on a jap site there was a quote similar to this:

Skyline or Supra. These cars seperate the men from the boys.

I would have to agree with it. Each of them is special in their own way.

But if I had the boodle, then it would just have to be an R33/R34 GTR - it just looks like it will eat anything on the road for breakfast without even moving B)

Skyline all the way. Any of the GT-R series are SERIOUS performance cars. No offence to the Supra, but it looks like a fast car in an eloquent way. The Skyline looks brutal. Like it will bite your arm off.

Personally, I'd go for a GT-R34 V-Spec with all the trimmings. Phwaaaar! :thumbsup:

They are both superb cars and in reality most people on here would not pass over the chance to own either given a free hand......... :thumbsup:

sorry happy with the tubby i own. :)

Liam: that GTR in your avatar is at the garage where i bought my tubby from. :thumbsup:

Great looking car, and performs "s" hot aswell.

But when you get up close to it, you see stone chip marks all over the nose cone :(

CAR PLANET LTD

Fully Loaded Limited Edition R34 V-Spec in Absolutely pristine condition! The one and only chance to own this totally unmark special super car!!! Only £44,995

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.carplanetltd.co.uk/images/Nissan/108a.jpg%7Boption%7D

notice the £60k price tag in the windscreen. lol

if i had 60k then getting the stone chips sorted probably wouldn't even put a dent in the wallet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links