Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17's Will They Fit With No Trouble?

Richard K

Hi peeps,

JAXX'S 17's

should go straight on right?

100 x 4 PCD.

40mm OFFSET.

I KNOW IT MIGHT SEEM LIKE A DUMB QUESTION BUT IT'S A DUMB PERSON ASKING, :lol:

JUST CHECKING

cheers :thumbsup:

yes no probs

If you've lowered the car, then depending on the width of the alloy the arches may need a roll, but if yours isn't lowered then no arch mods will be needed.

Some people haven't even had to roll their arches with lowering.

Kev

yeah exactly what I did....

Got them put on, made sure the offset was correct before fitting and went for 7.5" wheel on 205/40 rubber and then sorted out any issues afterwards.

Mines on the E10 corolla, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Kev

thing is, if ur running airbags u can tweak it to clear the wheels anyway

ed

I should be ok. but I'll contact Rayvern anyway.

k mate. but would definitely look good with those airbags. park up and drop it over the 17s. wil look so mean

ed

I know, I know.

TOC is such a bad influence on me.

That's a lie, you lot are my reason for sticking to my guns :lol:

Is a 42mm offset better than a 40mm offset when it comes to lowering the car then? Sorry if seems a stupid question!! lol :unsure:

40mm straight on..lower it as much as you want too...but say for 18's a 42 offset would be better..just lending a hand :)

To be honest Alfie ;)

the reason why I'm checking is because I'm going from 14's to 17's.

If I stay with 14's I'll have no Airbag Suspension or Arch problems cos the wheels clear the arches easily.

But with 17's, even though the overall diameter won't change, the width and wheel location within the arch might.

So if the offset's too big it sends it towards the arch/bodywork (meaning arch rolling) too little an offset and it brings it towards the suspension.

If you've got 42mm offset and the out edge doesn't touch your arches then I'll be happy.

40mm straight on..lower it as much as you want too...but say for 18's a 42 offset would be better..just lending a hand :)

Thanks corollakid, I just hope I get em.

Just that I have the 17's with a 42mm offset so not sure how they will be if I went to get the car lowered...?

Alfie!... lol :lol:

I went from the 14's to the 17's and have the 205/40 tyre too.

Richard,

Are Rayvern fitting your bags ? if so you could turn up with tractor tyres on and they'd still make it tuck, been mates with Ray for over 9 years, put plenty of faith in him, he'll sort you out no problem. Guaranteed. :thumbsup:

Unity Jon,

does the 'Unity' in your name come from "The Unity Lowriders"? Cos I remember you commenting on that purple corolla matching a old buick or cadillac or something?.

Since you know him I'm gonna pm you a question, because I don't want others to get the wrong idea. ok?

So anyone got any thoughts on how much I would be able to lower the E111 with 205/40/17 42mm offset wheels??

Thanks

Ross

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links