Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Camry - New 6 Disc Cd Changer - Help!

DGarrett

My wife and I have a 2002 Camry. The car came with the factory 6 disc in dash cd changer stereo system. My wife's sister made us a homemade CD with a homemade sticky label. The cd player stopped working and everytime you would start the car, the cd player would spin and churn and then go dead. Everything else worked, cassette, radio, etc.

I pulled the unit from the dash and was able to open the unit (very carefully) and remove the CDs that were inside. The homemade CD's label had peeled and was causing the unit to jam. So, the unit is damaged. I want to replace it with either a new one of the exact same model, etc. or with a unit that will fit in the dash where the other was removed, etc. Where do I purchase? What models are of the same dimension and will replace the old unti with the least work?

2002 Toyota Camry LE

6 disc in dash CD Changer stereo system

Model #86120 AA060

Reference # CQ-ES8160Z

Serial #754103

Matsu****a Communication Industrial Corporation of USA

All help is greatly appreciated!!

DGarrett@usbr.gov

or

DanGarrett2003@yahoo.com

THANKS!!

I just got off the phone with a Toyota dealer near where I live. he said to purchase a new unit, the cost is $661.00.

He said they can also send the unit off to a place in Pennsylvania and they will pop the unit open, figure out what is wrong with it and give us a price to have the unit repaired. We can then either decline service on the unit or have them fix it for the quoted price. If we decline, they charge us $40.00 for looking at it. The turn around time is 7 to 10 business days.

I have heard that once these units break, they never work very well again, but that is just hearsay. does anyone have any experiences or ideas? What do you think?

He also said that there are no other models that would replace this damaged model in terms of dimensions, etc.

Thanks for the input.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links