Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheel Weight?

vladrulli

mmmm dunno if this help but.....my titans are a massive 15KG each aparantly :crybaby:

and o.z reacing superleggers are 6.3KG :thumbsup: ......so around 10-12KG at a guess??

this probably won't help but if it's looks you're after i wouldn't worry,

if however it's speed you want, wouldn't some super light 15s be better on a Yaris?

please tell me if im wrong :thumbsup:

this probably won't help but if it's looks you're after i wouldn't worry,

if however it's speed you want, wouldn't some super light 15s be better on a Yaris?

please tell me if im wrong :thumbsup:

this is correct or a lower profile on a light weight 16 can help fill the arches with more alloy than rubber :thumbsup:

mmmm dunno if this help but.....my titans are a massive 15KG each aparantly :crybaby:

and o.z reacing superleggers are 6.3KG :thumbsup: ......so around 10-12KG at a guess??

I find that a bit hard to believe. When physically picking up the superleggers in Halfords they seemed as heavy as mine.

I weighed my 16's in at 15.7kg (on bathroom scales :D)with tyres on and haven't really noticed any performance decrease.

car001.jpg

I hope this helps!

Always something to consider, i think im more afterlooks , but in saying that i dont want anything stoopidly heavy, loving the alloys socks, look wicked mate

nizzan.. did u notice any decrease in performance after fittin u 16" titans!!?

Always something to consider, i think im more afterlooks , but in saying that i dont want anything stoopidly heavy, loving the alloys socks, look wicked mate

nizzan.. did u notice any decrease in performance after fittin u 16" titans!!?

no not really mate just better grip being a bit wider, as nightrider said the standard rims are pretty heavy.

The new Atech Range that we are now selling are extremly light :thumbsup:

I have just got the wheel weights from the manufacturer in Japan and the R-Sport in 15"x 7" come in at around 5.7kg per rim. The Eraser in 16" x 7" weigh in at 7.3kg and the Cast come in at 6.8kg for the 16" x 7" wheel.

So these wheels not only look good but are also for the performance conscience enthusiast.

Thanks

Kevin

and o.z reacing superleggers are 6.3KG :thumbsup:

apart from the look of them cos i like em :lol:

my superleggas were very light when i picked them up,nearly threw

them over my head :blink: was expecting it to be normal alloy weight :eek:

well i weighed the std t-sport 15s they came in at i think it was

15kg including tyres

and the 13 inch steel rims were

13kg including tyres :angry: i wasnt impressed especially as my OZ chrono evolutions were the same as the standard alloys!

I think you'll find that unless you pay a lot of money you will always get heavy rims. There is a big market for alloy wheels, and its only really because they look nice. That's why people fit them.

However, a lot of these people (including myself) are not really wanting to pay £250-£400 a corner (without tyres) for superlight rims.

It once again boils down to how much money you have. The more you spend the better the quality will be.

Personally, I do not think it is worth the money on the Yaris, unless you have big power project in mind :D

I had some ET38 15x7Js on, but they were rubbing quite a bit... now gone down to 15x6Js which means a bit of tyre roll on the 195s.

I think with a bit more offset you could squeeze the 7Js on...

the konigs supposed to weigh 13-13.8 lbs i think thats about 6.2 kg.

and they are 15x6.5

superretard what profile you running 195/45 15?

Personally, I do not think it is worth the money on the Yaris, unless you have big power project in mind :D

MMmmm :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links