Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Need A Roll Cage Yesterday

EircamAE86

Please,,,,,, :crybaby:

Does anybody know of a CUSCO agent in the UK,

I building my dream car and I dont want to cheap out on the cage.

I want the CUSCO one because it fits around the dash perfect, no need for butchering, Im not butchering my baby!!!!!!!

The only one ive sen available is an OMP and a Safety Devices, the OMP one doesnt fit right!!!! and the other one looks a bit girly :D

Help would be seriously appreciated :thumbsup:

Cusco makes two different kind of cages, their "normal" one and the "Safety 21" one.

If you want this cage for driftwork I would steer well clear from the "Safety 21" design, it's made from cold drawn carbon steel, nothing wrong with that, mind you, but likely in an attempt to bring the weight (and price?) down they've used only 40 mm dia, 2 mm wall thickness pipe for it. Also none of the mount points bolt to the chassis rails, only to the floor sheet metal, I realise that on the front hoop this would be (although not completely) impossible because of interfering with the pedals, but at least they could've done that for the mid and rear hoop. About the front going around the dash, well that's a nice touch but the downside of it is that it only adds another stress point to the cage. Sure you must value your life more than the integrity of the dashboard. Also there's not much in it where lateral bracing is concerned.

I'm not saying this cage won't go well in a roll over, I just wouldn't want to be the test driver to find that out.

The other cage is made from CrMo-steel, so they may get away with the smaller dia there, and I have no idea on the design of that one.

Cheers, Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links