Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mitsi Evos

John R

Yeah it's a toyota forum, but I can seem to find an evoOC.... or got bored looking....

So... Are any/all evos UK models? I know you can buy the newer revisions (7/8) as UK models, but what about the older ones, say an evo 5. Are they all Jap imports?

Ta!

you could get 6's uk cars aint sure bout 5? think they were jap.

if u still want to know i'll find out 2moro.

hope that makes sense :blink::unsure: :D

Hiya,

Kimi's right.

I believe all Evos up to at least 6 are Japanese imports that are made to UK spec over here. If you find an ad that says "UK Mitsubishi Evo" for a second hand older model, then it's a bit misleading. Don't be fooled into thinking that it was built over here as it simply wasn't. You also need to check paintwork and if it has been undersealed in the UK as the Japanese are not too hot on their bodyshop skills (they regard performance and technology as paramount) and due to them not using salt on their roads, do not underseal older models. If you buy a second hand Evo that has not been undersealed, you will run into problems later on.

One of the main companies that deal in Mitsi Evos over here (other than Mitsubishi themselves) is http://www.xtreme-uk.net - formally Ralli Art they will be able to answer all your questions and have a very good name for themselves.

I read an excellent guide about buying new or second hand Evos, which I'll look for tomorrow and post the URL here.

Hope that helps a bit

Charis.

Before pestering car companies, you should sign up to the main Mitsi forum.

Evo is short for evolution and the "EVO" car is the evolution of the standard Mitsi Lancer.

Hence the forum name: Mitsubishi Lancer Register. You can get there by clicking:

MLR

Before signing up to the forum, have a read through the "Articles" section found at the top of the first page :thumbsup:

(Sort of sounds like a tedious link :D )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links