Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dilemma

gramacar

Hi

I am in the process of choosing my new car and I am in a big dilemma.

I personally like Celica TS, but I don' t have enough money to buy it new.

I could only buy it second handed (year 2000 or 2001 model). On the other

hand with the same amount of money I can buy the Corola TS. In my country

(greece) toyota gives 6 years warranty so even a second handed celica (year 2000)

will be for 3 more years in warranty. What would you do in my position.

Would you follow your heart? (celica) or your logic? (corola)

Your opinions will be much appreciated.

thanks

john :unsure::unsure:

Hi john Well you have got yourself in a bit of a pickle there i think? You have choose two fine cars to buy there. At the end of the day they are two very different cars. You have to to look into if you need the space? Then the corolla TS Will be the car for you. But if you are without kids then the celica TS would be the car for you. Performance wise theres not a lot in it. The celica being a bit quicker of the mark than the corolla.

Personally if it was me i would go for the new car. As you really dont know how the celica was driven from new Eg it could have being trashed all the time. At least if you buy new you would know that you have being the only driver.

The choose is yours john :wacko:

jerry!!

Interesting dilema :D

Have to agree with previous comment, it is always better to have a new car if possible as you know there is no history of bad ownership wioth it. On the other hand if you really love the Celica I would have to say go for the car you love, if you don't you'll regret it !!

Cars are all about enjoyment and passion, if you love the car you own you will enjoy it so much more....

Of course thats just my opinion.....

new car is new car... as i said previously, i wanted a celica ts myself but corolla ts is really a nice, nice ride

As always happy to add my opinion (and thats all it is my opinion) as before gramacar, if my wife had not purchased her Puma before I had changed my car I to would be in a Celica right now, we don't have kids but we do have use for a hatch from time to time with room for 4-5 peeps, (at the time of chossing I was very impressed with amount of room in back of Celica with seats down good for me as I do a lot of cycling and some times need to get 2 bikes plus luggage in back) Celica and Corolla handle this with ease, but Corolla is better for back seat passengers.

Have to disagree a little with Rhaines now (not the first time we've done it or the last :P :P ) So my first choice would have been Celica I'm now in my second choice and LOVING IT, and have no regrets at all.

But gramacar, the choice as they say is yours, if it helps just think your second hand Celica could have been driven by someone like me or Rhaines (yep buy new you know it makes sense) :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links