Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quirky Digital Petrol Gauge

Boz

I have a 2003 Toyota celica, which ever since I bought it seems to have had a quirkly digital petrol gauge. Regularly 2 bars will disappear at once, then after a few miles travelling one will re-appear.

It is really annoying. Has anyone else experienced this ? and is that any way to stop it happening ?

yeah mine is a bit temperamental too, also it doesn't seem to folow any logic, when i fill

mine up it takes ages for the first bar to move sometimes 20 or 30 miles, then it takes a good 200 miles to get half way, the last half just seems to disappear in abotu hundred miles, and my driving style stays the same throughout

someone told me that our gauges react on the way we drive. i dunno how true this is. it does make sense though!

I doubt that - it's not a trip computer :D

As for it going down a bit quick then back up - well it's just the same as a regular guage. Like the regular guage in my MR2 goes up & down depending on whether the car is going uphill or downhill or accelerating quick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links