Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any One Who Know's Their Stuff

Stu8

I'm thinking of buying the Konica Minolta Dimage A2.

Has anyone on here got any past experience with this camera, or even better recommend a better one (for roughly the same price)

a2-frontleft.jpg

this is the review from megapixel which look's quite impressive.

Overall rating

9,1 / 10

Pros

• Excellent image quality.

• No chromatic aberration

• Excellent lens.

• Image stabilizer allows for low shutter speed hand-held shots.

Cons

• Soft focus.

• Slightly undersaturated colours at default setting.

Feature ratings

Body Ergonomics 10 / 10

Image Quality — Outdoor 10 / 10

LCD Screen 9 / 10

Image Quality — Flash 9 / 10

Interface 9 / 10

Metering Reliability 9 / 10

Software 9 / 10

Focusing 8 / 10

Power Usage 9 / 10

Lens Quality 9 / 10

Aha........Nout wrong with it.

With Digital the undoubted market leaders in the game are Canon and Nikon who can't really be touched. But that is in my area of pro work and I use SLR's and high spec stuff.

All I'm gonna say is shop around if this is what you want beacause somewhere will always have it cheaper.

Personally I would always champion the Canon digital range because of the sheer quality and I know them backwards. Nikon have some of the best lens optics in the world and Leica....well...........With glass they are un-touchable.

Just remember it's not the amount of megapixels alone that makes the picture good/big/sharp. You need a damn good lens attached to the camera aswell. And this is where the lesser known brands fall down.

Know your limitations.......that camera won't produce quality magazine spreads like the 8mp Eos 1D for example.....but for everyday use..NO WORRIES :thumbsup:

You may want to look at the EOS 10D which has come down in price due to realease of the new 20D or the Nikon 100D which is a very useful 6MP SLR. all these have excellant lenses to back them up.

Good luck and shooting :thumbsup:

My Dad is a professional industrial & commercial photographer and swears by FujiFilm equipment. I have just bought a Fuji S5000 for the office we use it for taking external pictures of building for our property agency but with the wide conversion lens 0.79x it work a real treat for internals as well and is well worth a look but I have heard its been up dated now already.

The ol man got a Fine Pix S2 pro but that a whole new level!

Nick

We've just bought an EOS 300D for work. It's a piece of cake to work and can do what most of us would want from it.

Only trouble that I can see is that it's too bulky for taking on holiday and "point 'n' shoot" stuff.

Olympus take nice photos, but downloading then to the computer is so much hassle that it's put me right off them. Canon all the way!

A

Thanks everyone, some good recommendations there. :thumbsup:

I was considering the EOS 10D aswell (as it's just dropped in price).

Well it looks like I'll be testing some camera this Saturday then. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links