Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-cat Pipe?

martint

hi guys,

finally got a celica GT 97', very impressed.... thing is i want to mod it a little, can anyone tell me where to get a de-cat pipe from? sorted a performance air filter from fenspot..... cheers dudes & dudets :thumbsup:

for de cat pipes go here http://www.tuneacar.co.uk/index.php?id_men...f6550bf40f16220

NOW ONLY £69

The de-cat pipe is made from 100% stainless steel and comes with built in lambda sensor mount. This de-cat kit is designed to be bolt on and off during convenient times (MOT’s).

Its in stock and ready for dispatch, upon your order on the sales line 0870 727 98 27.

The de-cat pipe should increase hp levels of around 12hp, provided of course that your car’s engine is in good condition and you have an intake kit at the minimum. On its own without any other mods to your car, ie. If your car is totally standard, then you can expect around 6-8bhp. i ordered 1 this week , it came quick , but no new bolts or gaskets as on web page .was stainless steel but flanges are steel ,so heat proof paint going on welds.you also have to blank off hole for lambda sensor , i used a bolt straight through to seal it.

cheers for that, stupid question what does the lambda sensor do, does the car have one and does it need to be connected? :unsure:

its the oxygen sensor , its higher up the exhaust on a gen 6 , so the hole for it on the decat pipe isn't needed.so you have to blank it off.

good luck getting the cat off, mine was a right chew on , i had to hack saw through the old bolts , they were well and truely rusted on . the de cat pipe dont come with bolts or gaskets , so you will need to acquire some.you will need some exhaust putty also. :thumbsup:

Best to replace all the bolts anyway so when it comes to MOT time it's nice and easy to swap back over again! The rusty ones can be a pain in the ***** as maleborn says...

I've also got a De-Cat Pipe combined with a K&N Induction Kit & they work very together for both the extra performance and the noise. I got mine fitted at a tire & exhaust place where they also welded up the hole for the sensor (just incase a bolt rattled free) all for £15. Cash only of course! They also didn't use gaskets just exhaust sealant as the surfaces were flat enough & i've had no probs. :thumbsup:

Iv got the tune a car de cat on mines as well , what to do is check to see if your cat has the temp sensor on it before you order, if you dont then tell them when you order as they will make it without , when you first have it fitted you wont feel any difference but once the ecu learns (takes anything up to 30 mins) your car will have so much more low end tourge , its better through out the rev range but its the low end tourge i found to be the best benefit . coupled with a K&N induction kit they make for a great combo mod :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links