Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternative Power Source

vmail

can a solor charger over charge a car Battery (I know we dont have too much sun in the UK)

Have you considered bicycle dynamos on each wheel?

Coupled to a small wind turbine fabricated from a torn up coke can, a champagne cork wrapped in coils of wire, and some fridge magnets should provide ample power for even the most demanding of main frame super computers :thumbsup:

I dont use the car alot, but the PC will be on 24/7

when I get a job, then I'll use the car

Coupled to a small wind turbine fabricated from a torn up coke can, a champagne cork wrapped in coils of wire, and some fridge magnets should provide ample power for even the most demanding of main frame super computers :thumbsup:

Really you should have the magnets at the core of a generator, moving within the coil, and not the other way round. It's much more efficient !

( just a technical tip there mate ) :thumbsup:

I don't think that you will overcharge the Battery with a solar cell. In fact I'm not sure that you can overcharge car batteries at all nowadays. When you think that the alternator puts charge into the Battery whenever the car is running - so if you go on a long trip without using any real power then surely the Battery will reach fully charged before you get to where you're going. The battery will level out at full charge.

Rich

does the car battery terminals have to face up?

You can get 12V gel batteries in any shape or size you want...... but they is mighty expensive. And i dunno where you`d get em from. But its an option.

get an optima Battery

between 160-200 quid but you can mount it upside down if ya want and its designed for ICE installs etc and runs on deep cycle charging

I heard that the solar power things hardly charge your car up at all anyway - if it's the same thing (small solar power sheet sits on your dash and plugs into the lighter)?

I heard that the solar power things hardly charge your car up at all anyway - if it's the same thing (small solar power sheet sits on your dash and plugs into the lighter)?

its a bit big, normally used for caravans

its a bit big, normally used for caravans

So THAT's how you've managed to halve the 0-60 time of your car ..

Like it .. proper Hybrid performance .. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links