Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safc II

Bibbs

Okay so now this is in the car (and my dash is now more glowing than a glowing thing on a glowing day in glowsville) ..

I take it it'll need dyno time to tune it, nothing like a learning mode or anything ..

sorry for the silly question but what is a Safc Ii? :ph34r:

erm .. edited .. "SAFC II" ..

Super Aif Flow Controler ..

Saddam says 'This thread is useless ..... without picture'

I'll be taking some soon .. :thumbsup:

nice one dude. I got one in mine aswell but havnt got any dolla to get it tuned up properly yet so its just acting as a funky meter at the moment! Wouldve been nice to go get ours done together though :(

nah... just wondering if my unichip can do what it can do...

don't think there's much point in me getting the AVC-R along with the unichip... but I'm gonna do it anyway... lol.

It looks cool.

don't think there's much point in me getting the AVC-R along with the unichip... but I'm gonna do it anyway... lol.

It looks cool.

Good enough reason to warrant spending money if i've heard one, go for it !!!

-Z

the AVCR is a boost controller

the SAFC is a Air/Fuel controller

so these two do the same as your chip, the only advantage I like in my favour is I've got two cool controllers glowing in the car and I could tune them myself if I was a bit more techie ..

To answer your original question YES, i believe there's NO learn mode, they need setting up on a RR... as they affect your fueling not somthing your can just twiddle and try by driving around....

im gonna get one one day... SX is appauling at controlling its own fueling.. its like a kid ina sweet shop, "oooh fuel.... scoff it" :rolleyes:

nice little toy to have aint it :thumbsup:

I think the best feature is all the graphs.

You can re-map whilst driving.

I mapped mine on the rollers but I only saw an extra 10bhp gain. lol

really you need a 3d mappable ecu like the Blitz or Apexi to see big performance gains.

But the Apexi looks the part, and thats why it's in my car too :thumbsup:

The AVCR is an Advanced electronic boost controller.

This is better than a mechanical one; as you can control over virtually every aspect of boost control and adds new innovative functions such as injector pulse monitoring and gear specific boost.

Some key functions include: RPM-based boost and solenoid duty cycle control, scramble boost, self learning mode, 2D ghost map trace mode, analogue display mode, real time replay and peak hold data modes. The AVC-R utilizes an ultra-fast microprocessor and a high quality solenoid valve to control boost. The result is ultra-fast response and accurate, stable boost control

The SAFC II is a Piggyback Fuel Computer.

this is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. The Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems. The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %

The Dastek unichip is known as a "Piggback ECU" as it is added to the stock ECU, it does give more BHP as it can mess with the ignition and fueling.

But a 3d-mappable ecu is a complete, stand alone, total engine management system capable of handling virtually anything thrown in its path

This replaces the factory ECU and controls all engine parameters

For the die hard engine tuners, this is a must!

But if your just after a quicker car at a cost effective price; then the unichip is just the thing for you.

Hope that answers your query. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links