Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Suspension Probs On Gen 6..

Wibble

Hi,

I have ha terrible knocking/clonking on my gen 6 GT, I've changed the anti roll bar bushes & it improved it, but its still there..

someone suggested the shock top bushes???? if so are they easy to change?

i changed mine too , but it still knocked , because the anti roll bar itself had worn away. so i wrapped a small sliver of a bicycle innertube around the bar first , then put the bushes back in , hey presto the noise was gone.also cant see it being the top mounts , :thumbsup:

Have you also checked the radius arm bushes (bars going from near centre of car out to the hub). On my sons 1990 celica they had worn causing a knock, if thats your problem then you may be able to get a poly bush conversion from somewhere like fensport as Toyota will want to sell you the whole arm (they dont do the bushes that are at each end) We found the wear by pulling and pushing on the rearmost part of the back wheels

Hi,

I have ha terrible knocking/clonking on my gen 6 GT, I've changed the anti roll bar bushes & it improved it, but its still there..

someone suggested the shock top bushes???? if so are they easy to change?

if it improved it i would say that points to them still.

my bar was NOT in slightly loose in the bushes but i wrapped a little tape round the bar and it fixed it.... not sure how long the tape will last

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links