Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wont Start

breezer

hi as you know iv had a crash

all is sorted but dude at garage said the car will not start up! and is not the Battery because he has charged it, and asked if we had another immobiliser (which we havent).

what could be the problem

please reply quickly

couldnt giv a balls if av posted in yaris section also! merge the thread to generals if ya want! just well angry!

is there spark? is the fuel preasure? are the injectors fiting?????

We need more info to help! is the engine turbong over??????

Surely if its a garage thats worth dealign with, they would not call you ina panic???

Quite a common problem.

Is the car fitted with an alarm? (Iknow you said no imob). Usually there is a service switch somewhere that resets the alarm after the Battery has been disconnected... Normally found in one of the footwells...???

Dunno if this will help?

Battery was probably took out to get light in and wire up!!

dude at garage said cars fixed, but the car will not start at all!! and said gota ring back at 4 and probably take it to some other place around the corner!

car was fine on the way there two saturdays ago, and obviously fine when there because it was moved about when being worked on!

now the day we come to pick it up it wont sodden start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ffs:

apparently according to one mechanic with info iv gave him, it could be the alternator or immobiliser

if so, can they be fixed?

or do i have to buy a new one?

ask if they did any mig welding on it , quite possible they didnt disconnect the earth strap and fried the electrics. :thumbsup:

and if so....how do you overcome this?

right another garage said take the master key down and it should start with that! but it didnt!

all the dash lights came on (suggesting electrics/fuses are ok)

the car just kept turning over but not starting.

its being towed to another garage later on today, to be put on a diagnostics machine. how long does this take to find problem?

any ideas?

ask if they did any mig welding on it , quite possible they didnt disconnect the earth strap and fried the electrics. :thumbsup:

Yeah, good idea...

Check fuses.. sounds silly but..

i stupidly said to my brother.....

could it possibly be theres no petrol in? because i crashed on saturday morning, and ususally put petrol in every saturday afternoon, so there would have been low petrol in probably.

the noise the engine makes is the usual sound it makes before the car actually starts up, when turning the key. it just makes that sound but will not start up!

the garage i recieved the info from over phone, still says it still sounds like something to do with the immobiliser

When they call again just say...

"this may sound like a silly question, but is there any petrol in it?" :lol:

Or call them just to check, it's the stupid things that keep nibblin' at ya :thumbsup:

its at the other garage, on that diagnostics machine!!

the bloke at garage where it was getting fixed left the door open (with light on) all week and the Battery has run down completely! this somehow must have effected the immobiliser, even thought Battery has fully charged up now!

so im well confused as to why it isnt starting

It's the friggin switch dude. alarm/imobaliser whatever. There will be a switch somewhere in the form of a normal switch type thing or a key type lock.

If it's not in one of the footwells then it could be hidden in the glove box or boot... dunno

but it's deffo a servicing switch.

tell your spotty oik to chase the imobaliser wires to the switch ;)

lol!

how sure are you!

im even more p**sed becoz mam&dad keep goin on "were going to sell the car" we cnt be bothered with anymore hassle!

:ffs: %$(in parents! h8 em

Chk the circuit/opening relay, its under dash left side kick panel, there is probably more than 1, they are probably all the same, so swap them around and see if car starts.

Also, laws may be different in UK, but in the states, when a car is in an accident and the airbag deploys, there is a fuel cut, there may be a reset switch, call the toyota dealer and ask.

LOL

:lol::lol:

Apologise to your spotty oik for me then :P

In fact let him know he can call me an oik for a day or two :P :D

CAR IS FIXED :D

IT WAS TO DO WITH ECU, IT HAD ERRORS ON :wacko:

CAR WAS FINE B4 WE TOOK IT IN :blink:

Welding without disconnecting the Battery can do that, or in most cases fry the ecu! :shutit:

nah my dads mate kept it cheap.

and didnt have to pay for the other garage diagnostic test

overall £290 :eek: cheap huh?

to fit and spray new bonnet! spray the whole of bumper again because of one scratch. (it has def been all painted because on the other side the laquer was flaking away, and that is gone). to fit the whole new frame and reattach radiator and fan etc, refit the bumper, fit the light and electrics.

me thinks very cheap :thumbsup:

nah my dads mate kept it cheap.

and didnt have to pay for the other garage diagnostic test

overall £290 :eek: cheap huh?

me thinks very cheap :thumbsup:

could have been cheaper :P ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links