Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Hate You

vmail

I made my purchase on Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:58

got a call at 11:00 from the supplier to confirm some details

City-Link recieved it at 16:49 Monday, October 25, 2004 for Delivery on 26/10/04

I waited til 19:00 as I had to sign for it

called City-Link, and they told me that they lost it, it was sent to another sorting office

(06:14 Tuesday, October 26, 2004 Arrived at wrong Delivery Branch ) and it sould be on its way to the Manchester Depo now for delivery on 28/10/04

I think Royal Mail is better as I know when I will get my packages:

Special Delivery (07:00-08:30, next working day)

Recorded (10:00-11:00, next working day)

has anyone else had problem with City-Link or any other couriers

Nope, we use ICL at work and we've never ever had a problem with them either :D

I'm waiting for a parcel to arrive from the states. According to the parcel tracking DHL say they have attempted to deliver the parcel, even thoguh I haven't seen any sign of them even though I was sat in the same room as the front door all day.

To make matters worse the Order tracking number only works in the USA, so if I try calling the UK office they can't do anything (like arrange for me to pick up my parcel from the depot) because they don't recognise the number.

Serves me right for living in the countryside! None of the couriers/posties can ever find the house which is situated on the main road :ffs: in a village with no more than about 30 houses and one road.

dont worry mate i had probs with DHL with my mobile. They said no one was in. Even tho i didnt move from the front room all day

used to drive for city link.. under alot of pressure... mistakes happen

steve but how is it possible to deliver to the wrong depo, (there is only 1 Manchester in the UK)

got a DHL package that I ordered on tuesday afternoon, then an hour later the city-link package arrived, box is a bit battered though

I wonder what fleet management they use???

They need a decent setup with asset tracking :thumbsup:

i remember them setting me out with a van with no brakes and 100 drops.

I quit after that

i remember them setting me out with a van with no brakes and 100 drops.

I quit after that

Couldn`t give you a van with brakes. That might`ve meant you`d stop somewhere. Heaven forbid. :lol:

I used to drive for them over here on the island a few years back. But now i`m one of there customers and i have to say they are brilliant. Never had a mis delivered parcel, never had a missed delivery. :thumbsup:

I have used them numerous times and they have always been good for me. give me a tracking number so i can track the parcel. phone me if there's a problem with delivery etc. very good.

do they not have a compensation policy for late delivery because at the end of the day, you pay to have it delivered within a certain time.

Here at work we use DHL and Lynx as all of the others sub-contract and it normally adds an extra day to delivery times (Highlands of Scotland...).

DHL are really good and we send hundreds of parcels right across the world every week. (Their website's crap though...)

I hate Fed Ex they want 28.27 VAT + 4.50 Admin Fee for my TFT touchscreen, do I have to pay it if I have returned the package?

got a DHL package that I ordered on tuesday afternoon, then an hour later the city-link package arrived, box is a bit battered though

i wouldn't deliver a parcel with any such companies if you want the packaging unbattered. my dad used to drive for Target Express, and parcels jst get thrown to get them in as quick as poss. also, the pressure these ppl drive under is really high!

My mate worked for city link, he said they were appauling!

He said that many of his colleagues would boot parcels around to each other, very often he'd hear the contents smashing and they'd just laugh!!

One time one guy threw a box filled with bottles of wine to his colleage. His mate dodged the box and the contents smashed. They then just loaded the box onto the van for delivery :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links