Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Noise From Car (cts) When Pulling Off

thedogg

this is what happens

when i get into the car, start up my engine, turn my steering wheel to pull out of my parking space. as soon as the car starts moving. i hear a strange noise, it sounds like something is rubbing against something from my front driver wheel arch, well it from that area anyway. this noise only lasts for around 2 seconds. and only happens when pulling off

this sound happens 4 out of 7 times when turning and pulling off.

i just wanted to know what the problem is and if anyone has had this strange sound.

thanks

If it's only when you start off when you've just turned the car on. It's possibly only the ABS system checking it's self.

pb5 :wacko:

I don't think its anything to worry about.Most CTS owners here will tell you they get a similar noise...I do. Its just some diagnostic procedure,possibly ABS I'm not sure,thats running when you pull off from just starting the engine.

I get it as well,

I seem to remember reading in the manual that this noise is the VSC doing its routine sart up, they all do it apparently (or so my toyota dealer told me )

I get it as well,

I seem to remember reading in the manual that this noise is the VSC doing its routine sart up, they all do it apparently (or so my toyota dealer told me )

I read thi sin the manual too, my dealer didn't even know about it, he said "Oh, not sure, maybe the ABS", but it'll be fine".

I seem to remember someone on here saying that if you floor it and dump the clutch you won't here the noise for the tyre squeel. Not tried it myself, but sounds like a good idea.

B)

I tell you now it is the ABS part of the VSC program calibrating it self before you set of on your journey, this would happen on any Corolla T-Sport nothing to worry about!

What would you do without us ex Corolla T-Sport owners! :rolleyes:

Nick

i had the same nosie took mine to main dealer today and they said it is the abs pump self check and not to worry only when it does not do it ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links