Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.24 Bar.. And It Still Didn't Blow Up ... :)

Jimlad

Car hit 1.24 bar tonight and held it until I changed gear. Was boosting like a crazy machine.

Thought it wasn't supposed to be able to handle this amount of boost ??

BTW : Rico is living proof of this... I say living as I nearly killed us a few times during testing. :D

why cracked head???

Normally hits 1.2 bar... just tonight due to the extra cold weather it hit 1.24.

Also.. no flat spots on the way there as previously reported in another thread. So I assume the fuelling side of things etc is ok. So in theory as long as that is ok, then the car should be ok too?? (according to Jesus in previous thread)

dont worry about your head, its the ringlands you need to worry about. if the mapping is ok then it'll prolly be ok. just dont do it too often or you'll be of for a nice forged rebuild. then you can throw as much boost as you like at it (well as much as you fuel system can cope with)

Anything is safe...its just how long its safe for that varies! :lol:

Lord_Ed was running 30psi in his old car, held up for 4 months!hehe

why cracked head???

Normally hits 1.2 bar... just tonight due to the extra cold weather it hit 1.24.

Also.. no flat spots on the way there as previously reported in another thread. So I assume the fuelling side of things etc is ok. So in theory as long as that is ok, then the car should be ok too?? (according to Jesus in previous thread)

...and cooling of course... :)

I love these ice cold dry nights!!! :D

Nutter jimladdo! I cant floor it My crud tyres keep slipping at 4000rpm so I cant even see what im overboosting too with this cold weather as itll bounce off the limiter due to the slip. Im buying a banger for winter. :yes:

he's not overboosting. It hits 1.2 bar all the time. Did overboost to 1.24 on a very cold night tho.

But even normal daytime... 1.2 bar... tis fun !

yeah but 1.7 is better :P :D

ohh yeah, no point spending over £500 for a set of JE forgies if your not going to use 'em, though TBH thats about as much as a stge 2 fennies CT20 will push out inlet temps do go up quite a bit on full boost, still a nice TD06 20G will sort that. 450 bhp @ 1.2 bar anyone

Nutter jimladdo! I cant floor it My crud tyres keep slipping at 4000rpm so I cant even see what im overboosting too with this cold weather as itll bounce off the limiter due to the slip.  Im buying a banger for winter. :yes:

i bought a vauxhall carlton....£175..woohoo..lol

2.2 bar comming when i an afford me new tubbie and a 4 bar map sensor

Nutter jimladdo! I cant floor it My crud tyres keep slipping at 4000rpm so I cant even see what im overboosting too with this cold weather as itll bounce off the limiter due to the slip.  Im buying a banger for winter. :yes:

i bought a vauxhall carlton....£175..woohoo..lol

sod ya 2bar, big turbos and loads of boost!

theres real power!

:lol::lol::lol:

I think it is important to make sure it actually feels faster at that kind of boost levels.

I just think if the intake temp gets too high and a/f ratio too far off the actual increase in power may not be that much.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links