Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Plz

anthony3829

I don't own a Toyota yet, but i have been looking at the Supra MKIV for some time now. I'm not really sure how much i should be paying for one, but i know it won't be cheap. I've been doing a lot of research on the MKIV and really like everything it has to offer. I need some advice on what to look for as far as wear and tear, mileage (when too much is too much), etc. I'm really interested in the MKIV, TT, Targa top. Any advice anyone can give me is really appreciated.

Anthony

Watch this space Anthony :thumbsup:

UK Spec is generally the best bet in terms of insurance but as many will tell you - the UK cars are few and far between. Imports are generally cheaper to buy but can cost more to insure and you may be aware of the differences between imports and UK spec cars. Such as : brakes, BHP, wheels, standard features..........

Hold on for plenty of replies from Supra owners. :thumbsup:

Inside tire wear is normal on supras as the camber is set to drive a little on the inside edge but this is normal. There are adjustments that can be made to prevent this.

Supra engines are bomb proof as long as they have been taken car off.

Both turbos should spool up nicely with no smoke at all and with all but a faint whistling sound. I've seen supra engines in the 150-200k mark and they are still running very nicely and can still be raced fine.

On idle you should hear the injectors clicking but there should be no other sounds except for the low murmer of the exhaust.

Avoid cars with signs of abuse or damage.

Check car brakes at high speed quickly and evenly with no pulling or juddering.

Export versions (US/UK) featured a very diffrent engine to the Japanese spec car. 320bhp export (326bhp uk) vs 280bhp J-Spec, too many diffrences to put on here but check out sites like www.mkiv.co.uk & www.mkiv.net for more information.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links