Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Consumption For £20

GT4 BOOSTER

lots of redlining makes the car worth owning , dont worry you cant hurt it. enjoy.

Yeah :)

I've noticed already that all the power seems to be high in the rev range, with quite a jump even as late as 6000rpm. Thought it seems quite torquey lwo down.

I was quite bothered for a few minutes that I may have bought a dud. Mines done about 84K and sounds like new still. Got it booked in for a service on Monday, hopefully they won't find anything wrong.

Thanks for the help.

4000 rpm and she takes off , at 6000 rpm the vvti ( its not quite vvti , but similar ) kicks in for a while , fuel cut off stops you doing any harm , top speed is around 127 and they do it.

On most cars the rev limiter kicks in at 250 or so ABOVE the redline. It cuts the ignition until the revs drop to a safe level. There is no good reason to ever take your engine to the redline, once you're past peak power, the only benefit of going any further is so when you change up to the next gear the engine speed is in a more favourable part of the power band. Most modern engines a pretty much bullet proof, but there is still no reason to thrash them.

The 3s-ge uses variable induction tuning, which is totally different to valve timing. See this link for the details.

The gen 5 supposedly has T-VIS, the gen 6 has ACIS. Having said that, the arrangement on the gen 5 looks exactly like the ACIS drawings in that link.

the limiter on my celica kicked in long before the end of the redline band. also to get maximum power from the 3sge it has to be took to the beginning of the redline inbetween gear changes.but not a recommended driving style day in day out.

i wrote she takes off at 4000 rpm , and the vvti or what ever it is kicks in at 6000 rpm.i didnt notice any extra power at 6000 rpm in my celica :thumbsup:

This link is very interesting and explains the power curve I feel on my GT.

There is a very pronounced jump in power at 4000rpm and another quite noticable one at 6000rpm. In my experience it's quite common for cars to have a jump in power at around 3500-4000rpm but I've never experienced such a large jump at 6000 before.

Does anyone know exactly when the limiter cut's in. On the rev counter the red line begins bang on 7000rpm but mine definatly pulls on a little further than that. I'm not sure how far as I bottled it and changed gear the only time I tried it. There seems to be a notch in the red line on the counter at about 7300, perhaps it's here?

mine kicked in doing 65 ish in second gear

• 3 weeks later...

i just done a trip to newcastle from here its 296 miles,and it cost me £60,and i took the dump valve off on the way there to see if that makes any differance,it didnt i had to do another £60 on the way back,,,,,,

on the way back i was doing about 70/80 mph so was not hakking it to much,

only thing is i drove it up a few months ago and got there on just over half a tank,needs to be set up on the rollers i think......

I filled up the other day and it cost £20 and i did 180 miles on that £20, thats abit more than normal cos i normally get 30mpg and this was 32mpg :), thats with mixxed driving :)

By the way its a gen 6 GT

Well, I've just done my first real long run and was quite surprised at the results.

Crusing at around 80-85 for about 250 miles. Then a couple of days going to work and back which is town / dual caridge way driving pretty hard. Got 380 miles to the light coming on. Fillling up took about 47 litres which a quick bit of Maths tells me is about 35.5mpg. This must mean it's doing over that on a long straight run. Pretty good I'd say.

i need more in mine its done 76 miles on a tenner . :D

i need more in mine its done 76 miles on a tenner . :D

Try harder. I reckon you could get that down to 50 if you really tried. :D :lol::lol:

i wonder if rice paper slippers will keep a bit of weight off the gas peddle ??? :lol::lol:

Hmmmm. You could try putting a spring under the pedal.......

Something like this perhaps????? ...............

P0000875.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links