Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate Control

driverN

Hi,

My Avensis has the climate control system, but does not perform as I would have expected. Even with the AC on, or even off, the car lacks fresh air and gets very stuffy. On a cold day with the heating turned up it gets worse. Plus on wet days, windscreen steams up. Anyone else suffering?

N

Hi,

My Avensis has the climate control system, but does not perform as I would have expected. Even with the AC on, or even off, the car lacks fresh air and gets very stuffy. On a cold day with the heating turned up it gets worse. Plus on wet days, windscreen steams up. Anyone else suffering?

N

Yes - I suffer with a misted up windscreen! Putting the system onto Windscreen setting with Air con on always shift the steaming up.

tip - dont have it on recirculating air.

tip - dont have it on recirculating air.

Thats the annoying thing, its not on recirculate air, but it feels like it is. Garage says all ok and whne you do put on recirculate air you do notice the difference, its worse.

I just feel there is a lack of fresh air coming into the car.

i find that if you set the direction to feet and screen put the temp to full(hot) for about two mins and open middle(fresh air) vents this demists the front screen and also gives fresh air,

you only need blast the windscreen when you first get in the car and then set to preff temp, this gets the windscreen hot and stops misting.

dont use a/c on the screen as you will need it on all the time as this drys the air and once you switch it off the screen mists up str8 away

hope this helps

Ps.

only use recirculate air to heat car quickly and if there is bad smell out doors, recirculate air can make you sick its stale air!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links