Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Year Meet. Sat 22nd January, Durham Cathederal

Cubic Incubi

peeps, sorry i havent gotten back, been a hectic week, will be going to durham this savo to finalise meeting place and eating.

The cathederal tour doesnt mean you have to take communion and sing with the monks, lol, its just a nice relaxing place, with large grounds, great architecture and a chill session, then back into town for a skeggsies...

The catherderal has intersing history too..

DurhamTheCathedral.jpg

DurhamCathedralNave.jpg

Includes the Tomb of St Bede & ST Cuthbert

"built to Carileph’s designs in the period 1093 to 1135. Inside the cathedral, the nave is particularly striking for its massive spiral and zig-zag decorated Cylindrical Piers (or columns) and the larger multiple columned Compound Piers which support the impressive diamond RIBBED VAULTING of the ceiling high above.The Ribbed vaulting at Durham was in its time technically far more advanced than any vaulting to be found anywhere else in Britain or on the continent. In fact it is quite possible that Durham Cathedral was the first building in Europe to receive ribbed vaulting."

http://www.thenortheast.fsnet.co.uk/Durham...al.htm#VAULTING

From the A1, take the A690 towards Durham centre, this is left off the motorway north bound. at the roundabout at the end of the dual carriage way, take your last exit - before you returnin back onto the a690 - i think its the 4 th exit, but its 'turn right' in any event, note: when i was there earlier today, this exit did not have a sign post on entry.

continue along this road for no more than 1/4 mile til you get to a set of lights - clearly on the building on the corner to your right, across the road. see the Street sign on the wall of the building 'Providence Row' turn right at the lights and continue 'down' the hill, at the bottom of the hill you will see 'Parking' signs showing car parks to your left, turn left.

note, immediately after the left turn, on your side of the road, are parking bays which use a ticket machine. Also, if you went straight on instead of turning left, parking spaces are immediately after the turn on Providence Row, also - once you have turned left, in addition to the parking bays as you enter the left turn, further on the right you will see another car park. note: the main car park/coach park was closed today, but may be open tomorow.

As this is a public car park, i doubt we will be able to park right next to each other, but these car parks are on the river, and not much further along are excellent photo oppertunities later on oin the day.

I'm pretty sure all those coming will be able to park here, if not, there is a huge multi storey in the Prince Bishops Mall.

The riverside car parks are - right next to the bowling alley and 2 mins walk into town, anybody fancy a bowl?

As was the case in Anwick, restauraunts wont take bookings for a saturday lunch time, and Durham is much bigger and busier than Alnwick, so i reccomend we just see what happens on the day, plenty of places to eat, see and do.

Maps are here.

http://tinyurl.com/6jvpo

http://tinyurl.com/4ka9u

Please add to the list to confirm you are coming.

1. Carlos and Becks

2. Tenmillion from TOC (my bruv) & Alabama Spongecake

i will be parked by the side of the road til everyone arrives, after which i'll also park up. Just look for the dirty G reg 4.. Wink

any times on this meet ???

Wouldn't mind knowing aswell :thumbsup:

Then I can arrange a time to meet Asha at FBS for a mini convoy :)

Anybody else going from our neck of the woods?

meeting time is 11am, 22 Jan - next saturday.

11am meeting time gives folks from afar time to travel without 6am starts, and misses rush hour traffic etc. also peeps will be hungry by the time they reach durham, and after meeting up etc, will be ready for refueling there stomachs.

Wouldn't mind knowing aswell :thumbsup:

Then I can arrange a time to meet Asha at FBS for a mini convoy :)

Anybody else going from our neck of the woods?

Should still be able to make this so if you're still going too I'll hook up at Leeming on the A1. I'm guessing it's around 35+ mins from FBS to Leeming so I'll wait on the bridge over the A1 at the RAF Leeming turn off.

Habu

Please can someone pm their mob number just incase I get lost on the way up there with Les.

TIA.

Ash.

As was the case in Anwick, restauraunts wont take bookings for a saturday lunch time, and Durham is much bigger and busier than Alnwick, so i reccomend we just see what happens on the day, plenty of places to eat, see and do.

There was a meet in Alnwick?! :o

Please can someone pm their mob number just incase I get lost on the way up there with Les.

TIA.

Ash.

Like you're going to get lost :D

Just been on the Celica Club :D

I hope this meet will still be going ahead <_<

If not Les,Anne and I will have our own little mini meet :P and go for a nice Saterday drive lol to some where. :thumbsup:

Anyway I will pop back at around 9pm to see what has been decided.

Ash. B)

Just been on the Celica Club  :D

I hope this meet will still be going ahead  <_<

If not Les,Anne and I will have our own little mini meet :P and go for a nice Saterday drive lol to some where. :thumbsup:

Ash. B)

Ash, obviously it's Karl's meet but it's looking very depleted at the mo'. As there are only about 2-3 going at present I don't think I'm going to make the journey up. I'll save myself for Sunday when I'll need all my strength. I'm on nights at the mo' so two days out would finish me off.

Habu

Just been on the Celica Club  :D

I hope this meet will still be going ahead  <_<

Ash. B)

Ash, obviously it's Karl's meet but it's looking very depleted at the mo'. As there are only about 2-3 going at present I don't think I'm going to make the journey up. I'll save myself for Sunday when I'll need all my strength. I'm on nights at the mo' so two days out would finish me off.

Habu

OK hun

I will see you on Sunday :group-cuddles:

Ash.

CANCELLED

Just not enough folks tbh, no worries, enjoy yer weekend folks, i'll be lifting the engine outta my rag top.

yup, we had a meet in alnwick and toured the castle, had lunch etc. had a good day. think some of those who travelled from afar felt a bit let down as alnwick gardens werent finished and it was just a big building site - felt a bit peed off at paying the entry fee to the gardens imho.

next time folks.

!Removed! , breezer pm 1 time take yer out in the 4 , 1 weekend, and for asha hun you'll just have to wait. :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links