Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate Control

Goooner

Just taken delivery of new RAV4 XT5 and so far very impressed...apart from the climate control. Unless I'm especially stupid (and that is possible) the climate control seems to either blast out cold in the LO setting or a furnace-like temperature when I notch it up to anything above 16 degrees. I would also expect the fan to drop down in speed after attaining the required climate but it just seems to stay in 'gale force' mode.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that a thermostat somewhere is faulty and is unable to tell the difference between 16 and 25 degrees.

Where abouts is the sensor?

It could be that it is still less that the set temperature at the sensor, os it pumps out hot air at you until the sensor has reached the temperature you want.

Maybe it you change the directopn of the vents so that they cover a wider "spread" of the interior (and so hopefully the sensor sooner) then the problem won't be so bad.

I hope that makes sense,

A

Cheers Alan, thats definately possible although I'm not sure where the sensor is located.

I've had a nose through the web but so far no joy.

If anyone is able to furnish me with the information, I'd be very grateful

Cheers again

Hi something sounds very wrong

I have a XT4 and we have set the temp to 21 on automatic and its never required touching.

In cold weather the fan starts low, then when there is some engine heat available ramps up the fan to clear the screen . It then goes on low a setting to maintain the temp. I was actually rather impressed with how well the system works.

I suggest you go back to the dealers to get its checked out, some climate systems have a diagnostic port. (Not sure about the Rav)

Regards

Ian

Hi something sounds very wrong

I have a XT4 and we have set the temp to 21 on automatic and its never required touching.

In cold weather the fan starts low, then when there is some engine heat available ramps up the fan to clear the screen .  It then goes on low a setting to maintain the temp.  I was actually rather impressed with how well the system works.

I suggest you go back to the dealers to get its checked out, some climate systems have a diagnostic port. (Not sure about the Rav)

Regards

Ian

Ian,

I have pretty much the same problem! To be honest I thought it was just a "feature", but now its due its 10k service tomorrow, I think I'll get them to check it out.

Will keep you posted.

Rich

Thanks Ian.

I went in at the weekend but it was put down to driver stupidity. I'm going in tomorrow to have a blanking plate fitted so I'll hassle them again.

Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is useful but the solution to my AC problem was very simple – just a poorly fitted connection at the point where the sensor joins the main AC.

Definitely something wrong. I set mine on auto at 19 degrees C and you can see the fan speed change and the position of the air outlet also changes. Very impressive compared with the system in my old Discovery.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links