Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello Everyone

blackpaseo

I've owned my Paseo since July now and its a great car, but I find that it struggles when loaded up with passengers or luggage. When I'm alone it gives most cars a run for their money, but due to its reliance on power-to-weight, even carrying one passenger dents the performance. Anyone know how to extract another 10-20bhp from it? The catalytic converter has cracked, and so as it needs replacing anyway, any advice on where i might find a sports version would be appreciated.

Cheers

unfortunately there isnt much that CAN be done to the 5e-fe motor. if you're looking to getting 10-20hp, firstly replace your catalytic converter with a universal performance one (there arent any for the Paseo model that we get here in europe), then id get the following:

magnecor spark plug wires (2hp)

ground wires (2hp)

ported & polished cylinder head (5-7hp)

bmc cda induction kit (3hp)

remus muffler (2hp)

custom exhaust system (5hp)

so that should give you a healthy 21hp, especially if you get it all dyno-tuned and properly setup.

i feel your pain man, on my own the car's rapid (its even quicker without the spare in the back!!) but as soon as ppl pile in, it gets slow....and there's not that much for the engine! most ppl just resort to an engine transplant....which i will also do eventually, but im gonna try do as much as i can with what i have!

:thumbsup: Cheers mate, owning a rarer car does have it's downside doesn't it. Do you have any recommendation for sourcing the parts? Aftermarket parts for this car are like gold dust. What's really bugging me is a photo of a TRD paseo I found. It looks fantastic with performance to match, but Fensport (who as far as I know are the only UK TRD importers) didn't know what my car was! Oh well, thanks again for the advice and I'll make do till I can afford a transplant or turbo conversion.

PS - If anyone knows where I can get a workshop manual for the car it would be appreciated as Haynes don't do one.

Welcome to the site mate :thumbsup:

As far as a manual you'll not get one, but there is a pinned thread on here with loads of stuff relating to the Seo, go for handling upgrades over engine and you'll find the car will be quicker :thumbsup:

hey, could u send me the picture of the trd paseo? never heard of it before (headcharge7@hotmail.com is my email addy).

well for sources, here goes:

magnecor spark plug wires - andrew (user: toyotasera.co.uk), funkyproduct.co.uk

ground wires - funkyproduct.co.uk

ported & polished head - any well reputed garage with such a facility

bmc cda induction kit - will get back to you on that one...

remus muffler - remus-racing.com

custom exhaust system - any well reputed garage with such a facility....or you could go to powerflow, but i wouldnt...they're just a kinda boyracerish company

sorry riko, but i can't find the photo at the moment. I found it while browsing the google image search, so they must have moved it. I did find a website that may interest everyone though - www.jbmotorsport.co.uk. He supplies jap engines such as the 4E-FTE and bigger ones from about £1000-£1400. More importantly for those on a tight budget (like me :thumbsup: ), he does a rear disc conversion for the Paseo for £300, and will fit it for an extra £30. Well worth a look methinks...

yeh, i knew about the site....was thinking of getting the rear disc conversion soonish, and getting a couple of engine transplants laterish....

i quite like this paseo

DREAM%20PASEO.JPG

its some guy from malta, he was featured on max power, and he's gotten a good 200hp from the 5efe, but its all custom stuff

Yeah I saw it in max power, trouble is it's so loaded with ice and sound deadening that it can only manage 60 in 7.2 seconds - I've seen a 135hp Paseo do it quicker than that. The whole point of this car is that it weighs sod all. Nice looker though

yep, i was thinking of doin the " extreme " kit a while ago, with all options.....but its F'kin expensive!! plus, i doubt you can just put on a turbo like that without at least reinforcing some key components like pistons and conrods etc...

yeh, its stupid really, getting 200hp out of the engine then putting all that fiberglass and sound system **** in the back. and the 135hp paseo, thats the 4e-fte engine transplant that everyone does..... :drool:

B) Oh yes, the beast would be awesome with a turbo, but I think my insurance company would have a heart attack. Have to wait a couple of years I think, and stick with more subtle engine modifications for now. Found a shortshift TRD kit on Funky Products, and I'm going to have to get one of those - any excuse to stick a TRD Badge on the back lol.

yup, that turbo alone would give the paseo 145hp ! man, there's so much that i wanna do, but i just spent all my money on the magnecor wires :crybaby:

isnt that car jackys demo car for the gen2 kit from the gen1?

meh i might be wrong.

If you wanna be origional (i know you all do), import a BLACKTOP 4age head, inc throttle bodys, get a 4age supercharged bottem end, bolt them up both with a rebuild, strap a T3 on, run about 20psi, with good tuning... 250-300 ponys easy. in a 1.6

theres a drag car over here running 10's with a 4agte blacktop turbo :). 350KW at the wheels..... KW!!! thats about 450-500PONYS from a 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!

isnt that car jackys demo car for the gen2 kit from the gen1?

meh i might be wrong.

If you wanna be origional (i know you all do), import a BLACKTOP 4age head, inc throttle bodys, get a 4age supercharged bottem end, bolt them up both with a rebuild, strap a T3 on, run about 20psi, with good tuning... 250-300 ponys easy. in a 1.6

theres a drag car over here running 10's with a 4agte blacktop turbo :). 350KW at the wheels..... KW!!! thats about 450-500PONYS from a 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!

hi cosmonz..i think if you were to run this set up,a silvertop head after a good porting would do just as good as blacktop.and also the throttle boddies would be obsolete.

on a high boost aplication ,some sort of custom inlet manifold b required.

i have a silvertop.bottom end f*cked.thinking about doing this conversion myself :wacko:

oli you cheeky monkey,

I never knew there were more pics of your car about!!!!

Mines still nice and slow but looking better each day!!

You wait olie ill have it next to yours sometime soon (although yours will wipe its *** with mine!!!lol

Matt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links