Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen5 Celica Headliht Unit

mr_shaper

Has anybody here had any experience changing the headlight unit on a generation 5 Celica? I damaged my left one just before christmas. I picked up a replacement unit yesterday and I am going to attempt to replace it tomorrow.

Does anybody know about this or know of any good resource sites where I can find info about this?

Thanks.

Hey another GT-R woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo :group-cuddles:

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Do you mean the whole of the pop up unit ???

The Celica gang will be along shortly to help you out. :rolleyes: B)

Ash. B)

It's quite a straightforward job. The only fiddly bit is getting the headlight trim out past the top of the bumper. You should be able to lock the headlights up by turning them on fully and then going back two clicks on the stalk. Presumably, it works the same on jap cars.

headlights.jpg

Pretty straigh forwards really just need a #2 phillips screwdriver "magnetised" if possible, pop up the headlamps and take out the 4 screws in the plastic surround, some will stay in a little plastic pigtail on the surround, just unscrew the chrome bezel taking care not to drop the darn screw down the hole and into you engine shield tray :( pull out the plug at the back and reverse to put together.

A handy tip is spray a little lube oil round the headlamp body edges and the chrome trim before putting back together it prevents rust in further years to come.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links