Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

N/a Supra Performance

evolve

Hi

Does anyone know what the performance is like on the N/A supras, are they are pretty quick car, how do they rival with other cars scoobys, evos etc...

Are they easy to modify etc..

Sorry about all questions just insurance would only let me have a N/A for now ;) so just want some idea how it copes with other fast cars out ther and its bigger brother!

Anyone have stock stats ie. 0-60, 1/4mile etc..

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I've got a 95 N/A (Jap Import), came to that after a Fiat Coupe Turbo that spent more time in the garage than it did on the road....

Performance figures are notoriously hard to come by but (and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) I think the 3 litre straight six is good for about 220bhp. I would reckon 0-60 is somewhere around the 7 second mark. Maybe a bit less if you're lucky.

The thing to bear in mind is that the N/A engine is substantially different to the TT engine - its not just the same minus the turbos. Its a very 'lazy' engine and not much happens below about 4000 rpm. After that, however, there is some kind of odd twin-cam jiggery-pokery going on and you do get a nice 'kick'.

It requires a different style of driving to a Scooby or Evo. If you want to learn how to drive a RWD car (especially in the wet!) and get some nice powerslides going on, you can't beat the N/A's - not too much power!

The N/A's are not particulary 'tunable' the only things you can do are fit a nice induction system and DEFINITELY get rid of at least one of the cats. If you are after tuning - go for a TT.

Hope this helps, check out http://www.mkivsupra.net the guys on the BBS there know their ubiks from their what-nots.

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links