Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Md Changer

kaz

Hi All

I want to add a Mini disc Changer to my Yaris T Sport.

I've surfed the web and found a Sony Xpod MD changer with an Interface included for £290.00.

Now the help I want is .......

You know on the dash there's a button marked tape/CD. Would this be the button I would push to activate the changer? and would the CD player that came standard still work? (I don't mind if it doesn't as I use MD most of the time) I'm under the impression that that's what the interface is for so that you would select tape and the MD controls appear on the display panel.

Please Please can some one put my mind as rest before I fork out the money.

Thank you

I thought I'd add a bit of colour

KAZ

Hi Kaz -

If the Sony Xplod MD changer is not toyota standard then it probably interfaces to the toyota unit by broadcasting on an RF modulator, which basically means to get minidisk you have to tune the radio in to a certain frequency to get the minidisks.

If you were to add the Toyota MD changer then it is controlled properly from the headunit, im sure it wouldnt be more than 290 notes as well.

Steve.

Would the Toyota MD changer play LP MD;s as I have a Sony MD player walkman (that I use for the gym) and I wanted to be able to play the same MD's in both players. Sony use ATRAK.

Also do you think it would cost much for Toyota to fit the MD changer?

Thanks for your assistance. :)

Kaz

I'm not sure on either count Kaz, I could ask local dealer but it's just as Easy for you to do that. There will be a standard upgrade price for the MD Changer fully fitted I would have thought, either that or you could buy the part and fit it yourself/get someone else to fit it. You would have to ask them about the Long Play, I would have thought so but better check.

Steve.

I can't believe this price !!!

to have a Toyota MD changer fitted into my Yaris T sport will cost £753.56 !!!

for a CD changer £481.14

The man at Hills was really nice and very helpful (I'll post a review after the 17.5.03 once I've had my first service done) He said to get the Sony MD changer and interface but that I'd need this piece of extra wire kit for £30.00 making the total £320.00 much better deal, but my husband will have to fit it. He even suggested it be fitted in the space under the exsiting cd player which We hadn't thought of.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links