Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Best Option For My Mr2?

JappyBeast

Right, my car has had a strange sideways wobble thing when I go over a bump, its been going on for some time now so I took it into the garage (local) to get it looked at as I went thru a set of rear tyres in a matter of months.

Thinking it would be just a worn bush, turned out to be worn shocks all round.

The guy checked and there is no play anywhere else so it must be the shocks.

Got the quote,

Front shocks £55 each

Rear £63 each

Labour £120

Then VAT ontop.

What should I do?.. these prices are for stock shocks. Does it cost much more for lowered stuff? I dont know what I'm buying. When you get a lowering kit, do u use your old shocks?

Should I buy Turbo Shocks to lower my car?

Does the above price look right?

Any pointers would be great.

Hi Mate,

Got to say if I was paying £356 plus VAT I would want more than just the std setup.

Spotted these and I recon they would be a load better:

Shocks

Will lower the car and make handling a load better to say the least but then its your dosh.

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Dave

shop around I got my coilovers that were like new for £400.

I wouldn't buy those old turbo shocks 70,000kms on them they won't have much life left in them.

I'm not 100% but when i was looking to upgrade my suspension I found a few kits (full struts & springs) for under £400 new.

full set of new an unused LEDA coilovers on MTTE for £800 rrp for those is £1270

a full set of new Bilsteins from fensport and a set of lowering spring will be a bit under £800 also.

As i said on msn mate, It'll be cheaper in the long run to buy a complete kit...i.e,

Shocks and springs and i'll fit them for you....

Hi,

Last ones I posted had high mileage and as midmotorsteve pointed out they may not have loads left in em, but could have been a quick cheap fix, or a clean and re-con if you can do that with em?

Anyhow did some more surfing and spoted these:

New Shocks

More

Yet More

More like it........

Booked in for the rears for the 21st... £63 a side and half the labour.. at least it will be close to fixed.

Booked in for the rears for the 21st... £63 a side and half the labour.. at least it will be close to fixed.

So did you price up MRT's Bilstien 2-stage gas shock absorbers to compare prices against the STD ones or are the prices youve quoted for aftermarket one's??

Make sure the shocks are re-buildable some are not - I thing you'll be OK though I think its just the billys that arn't.

Hi,

Last ones I posted had high mileage and as midmotorsteve pointed out they may not have loads left in em, but could have been a quick cheap fix, or a clean and re-con if you can do that with em?

Anyhow did some more surfing and spoted these:

New Shocks

More like it........

I have those Koni's (along with Eibach Sportline springs) fitted to mine, and I can't say a bad word about them. Top kit! Cheap too :thumbsup:

I have just bought some PI lowering springs, originaly to fit to my stock shocks but i have now decided to change the shocks aswell.

Which would be the cheapest

buy some new shocks, such as Koni's, to go with my new springs

Or

sell my new springs and buy a package ( shocks + springs )?????????????

I am on a budget.

Russ

I have just bought some PI lowering springs, originaly to fit to my stock shocks but i have now decided to change the shocks aswell.

Which would be the cheapest

buy some new shocks, such as Koni's, to go with my new springs

Or

sell my new springs and buy a package ( shocks + springs )?????????????

I am on a budget.

Russ

Just new shocks i reckon. And fit em yourself. Ive lowered a few cars, admittedly never the two cos i think its low enuff and i scrape the front as it is (ouch). But, its always been pretty easy to do, just nuts and bolts really. Especially shocks all round, torsion bars can be a pain in the a-hole but not shocks. Probably need a manual though!?? :bookworm:

Right, my car has had a strange sideways wobble thing when I go over a bump, its been going on for some time now so I took it into the garage (local) to get it looked at as I went thru a set of rear tyres in a matter of months.

Thinking it would be just a worn bush, turned out to be worn shocks all round.

The guy checked and there is no play anywhere else so it must be the shocks.

Got the quote,

Front shocks £55 each

Rear £63 each

Labour £120

Then VAT ontop.

What should I do?.. these prices are for stock shocks. Does it cost much more for lowered stuff? I dont know what I'm buying. When you get a lowering kit, do u use your old shocks?

Should I buy Turbo Shocks to lower my car?

Does the above price look right?

Any pointers would be great.

ive got the exact same problem. is it unsafe or just a niggly thing? also how much would it cost to replace them all? i can get them fitted for free thats no problem just want stock ones cheapest you can get that will last. cheers

Right, think I'm sorted.

Went on the fensport site and gonna get these,

KYB Front - Pressurized Gas Shock Absorbers £54.50 each.

mr2kyb.jpg

and how much for the rear ahockers? should be able to get a set of lowerin springs for around 100. rico u get that cheque?

My garage didnt say anything about replacing springs, will put those shocks on and then get the lowering kit when I get my new wheels in Feb/March.

would be easier to put the springs on with the new shocks, only extra 100, ask the place your gettin them from if they can do u a joblot?

think of it as an investment, will cost you in uture to take shocks off to fit springs, you know it makes sense

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links