Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Import SAT Nav and TV systems??

dave_mr2t

MY '94 MR2 Turbo came with a CD/MD/Sat Nav/TV/DVD player but the TV and SAT Nav don't work due to them being for Japan.

Does anyone know if you can have these things fiddled with to recieve UK TV signals and get the Sat nav working???

• Like 1

i know theres guys working on this at the moment in the lexus forum for the Altezza's..........however one such altezza did manage to pick up BBC one day while driving............sheer fluke we think,its all to do with the frequencies

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I too am looking for a UK CDRom for my Sat Nav on my Estima. The entertainment system is also fitted with a television receiver but as the Japense receive TV signals via a system known as NTSC and us Brits use a system known as PAL, you are unlikely to get UK reception. To my knowledge there are no adaptions that will change the system over to PAL. If you know of a owners handbook in English for a Toyota Original car audio system 36004 KNT5180 then please let me know. :help::help::help:

• 19 years later...
On 9/2/2002 at 2:48 PM, dave_mr2t said:

MY '94 MR2 Turbo came with a CD/MD/Sat Nav/TV/DVD player but the TV and SAT Nav don't work due to them being for Japan.

Does anyone know if you can have these things fiddled with to recieve UK TV signals and get the Sat nav working???

Hi Dave did you get any further with this enquiry. I am looking for the same! UK fireware to connect my phone to display its features, sat nav etc.

@Ju-Ju66You may not get a reply from dave_mr2t as this thread was posted around 19 years ago

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links