Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Alarm- Tvss Iiib

musicman

Hi,

My alarm keeps going all the time - the only way I could stop it was by disconnecting the Battery. Is there a way to turn the alarm off or disconect it???? I do not want to spend any money on it ( How much will a new unit cost for the alarm???) I don't really need an alarm. the key fob didn't make any different to stopping the alarm.

thanks

Nigel

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Saw your query/problem with the alarm on this website and can give you the info you need to disable the alarm sound, NOT actually disabling the immobiliser system. READ CAREFULLY!

Remove the washer bottle in the engine compartment completely and underneath you will see a wiring harness leading into the underside of the wing. This harness has a plug. Unplug this and you’re sorted… However, you will still see that if the car is accessed without disabling the immobiliser with your remote control, the hazard lights will still flash. Just use the remote before you open the car… Hope this helps

With regards,

Chris Townsend

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links