Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bike Rack For Rav 4

ulysse

I have a RAV 4 (2003 model) and have been looking for a bike rack. I have not really found anything so I thought I would give you a try. It must be rear mounting. I have seen the ones that fit onto the spare wheel at the back, but they are no good for wheels with hard covers or does anyone know better.

Apart from these, does anyone know or have a bike rack for a RAV 4? I am tempted to fit a tow bar bracket and buy one that fits on that, anyone else done this?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Had a Pendle tow bar mounted one on my 97 3 door model - fitted using tow ball bolts - though they also do a ball mount version too.

Very stable - though stopped back door opening (obviously).

Never fancied the strap or spare wheel hanging types - always look too unsecure to me.

Have you looked at the rav bike rack that fits on the tow bar? I was considering one of these myself but the last time I enquired the dealers systems were down and he seemed pretty clueless - he gave me an approx cost of £200 for the tow bar and £200 for the rack - ouch!! thats more than all of my bikes put together!

Re: Pendle - I will check the info. on the box tonight ...

I have checked the box and the label is missing.

Sure it was the 6" offset version I used - this cleared the spare wheel easily when added to the tow bar protrusion distance too.

Tow bar was £110 fitted - Witter - think bars were £140 ish - was a few years ago now.

Only problem with 97 RAV was tow bar was very low to allow ball to clear bottom of door - not got my 04 Granite yet to see whether it will the same problem if I fit a bar.

Have you looked at the rav bike rack that fits on the tow bar? I was considering one of these myself but the last time I enquired the dealers systems were down and he seemed pretty clueless - he gave me an approx cost of £200 for the tow bar and £200 for the rack - ouch!! thats more than all of my bikes put together!

Thats also in the Toyota Accessories brochure, could have a look in there :thumbsup:

£200 for the tow bar and another £200 for the rack does seem too much!!

I was going to post this topic as well as I found a site HERE that had a tyre rack for £42, but a day later the site has gone down!

If it comes back up grab them as they are half the price of anywhere else!

Or this one

Popped into my Toyota garage and the Toyota 'Bike Rack System' is a bit too much! Not as in money, just extra tail lights, reg board and the likes.

• 4 weeks later...
Popped into my Toyota garage and the Toyota 'Bike Rack System' is a bit too much! Not as in money, just extra tail lights, reg board and the likes.

Guy's Sorry to have to point out that the law requires your rear lights and reg plate to be visable, hence the lightboard etc.

Just had my towbar wired up during the 1st service (got the wiring kit off ebay) bargin at a tenner plus postage!. So will be also looking for a bike rack and found what appears to be a decent one here

bike carrier for 4x4

try cut and paste in your browser

reviews anyone?

Carl

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links