Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Problems ?

fatgazzer

Hi All

having just had a test drive in a 2002 CTS it should be arriving on Friday ( the kick at 6000 sold it :D ) I was wondering if there were any problems to look out for and any info on servicing would be appreciated

Gaz

Hi All

having just had a test drive in a 2002 CTS it should be arriving on Friday ( the kick at 6000 sold it :D ) I was wondering if there were any problems to look out for and any info on servicing would be appreciated

Gaz

Bought my CTS new in April 2002. Not heard a whimper from the clutch or any probs with it. Servicing costs are about £100 a whip so far but suspect my next (3rd) may be dearer. Watch out for tyres my standard bridgestones wore out at 18K. Also had 2 punctures thro wall effectively 4 new tyres since new :(

Anyone else had tyre probs ?

Enjoy Gaz

Obanscot

I'm still on original tyres in my T Sport, 17,000 miles about 5 to 6mm on the front & 4mm on the back (I swapped them front to back at 12,000 miles).

I should easy get 20,000 plus :thumbsup: . But most of my miles are out of town.

pb5

:wacko:

i shud hopfully get my tsport the mora its an 02 aswell but it was icy wen i testdrove it and the guy at the garage wldnt let me try the 6000+rpm so iv still got it to look 4ward to any handling worries to watch out 4? brakes suspension rolling ect?? cheers :help:

Hi All

Gaz

I fried my front tyres after 12000, but was driving a bit enthusiastically :D If you cut out the wheelspin starts they last a lot longer. The rears are still good after 22000.

It's odd, but some people like myself have been lucky and got pretty much a perfect car, whereas others have been unlucky and had some serious problems. Most of the bad ones seem to have showed up quite early in the car's life, so I guess if you check the service record and it is problem-free this car could be a good one.

How many previous owners?

Cheers

Paul.

i shud hopfully get my tsport the mora its an 02 aswell but it was icy wen i testdrove it and the guy at the garage wldnt let me try the 6000+rpm so iv still got it to look 4ward to any handling worries to watch out 4? brakes suspension rolling ect?? cheers :help:

Be sure to test the engine above 6200rpm before you hand over the money, though. Some cars have had problems with the lift mechanism. You should be able to feel the sudden switch to more power and torque in any gear, otherwise the sliders which enable the bigger cams could be faulty.

The handling on the standard car is usually very predictable near the limit and the vsc goes a long way towards eliminating any nastiness. But the laws of physics still apply! It's a fast car and should always be driven respectfully.

Cheers

Paul.

Thanks for the advice the car works well over 6200rpm like a kick up the proverbial and its had one owner with full toyota service history so here hoping

Gaz

i have done 25,000 plus on the original tyres they were rotated though

spoke too soon ... front left now has a huge rip in it. not sure if it caught on something or not ?

anyone else had problems with tyres failing ?

• 2 weeks later...
25000 aint bad for tyres.... relax... you got your mony's worth ... buy some new ones now!!! lol

sorry 2 keep harping on about CTS tyres, but my old rolla GTi 16, which was 12 years old when traded in 2002, did 70K on rear and 40K on front, they were conti sport contac. The rears still had tread but i had to change as they were perished!!

Are tyre manufacturers now selling as punters crap? or perhaps softer compounds

Never been 1 for rotating as u ave to buy four at a time :(

btw the old GTi done 110K on it's original clutch, and for my stupidity i was always going to change the cam belt but never did!!! <mean scot> Exhaust lasted 60K.

Rust got old bessie in the end, but no using any oil.

Traded it in in Glasgow, sold at auction, used in armed robbery and torched in Preston :( :( :(

Polis told me as I was still regi keeper..... be warned

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links