Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Taillight Swap?

Pascal

Here goes. I am looking for some all-red taillights. Maybe one of you would be interested in swapping for the Canadian model? Not sure if anyone would be interested, I can't remember if you guys get that taillight color setup or not. ;)

orig.jpg

I've got a spare set complete with bulb holders and bulbs ready to go if anyone is willing to cross-ship with me... even swap.

Care to discuss?

plavarenne@hotmail.com

Damn, if theyd have been ALL clear i may have been interested :P

I realize that.. :(

I've now seen several Yarii with all-red taillamps, and that's what I'm after. I'm realizing now, looking at pictures, that Yaris also came with tails that look like mine... :arrgg-matey: ... but I'm still after an all-red set. Open to offers, maybe cover shipping fees for the swap or something like that...

Thanks!

Why dont you get some LED tail lights that are all red ... but looks alot cooler when they are lit up? I think they will look great on your car!

I saw some when i was on holiday and they looked real nice. Would have picked up a set myself if i had the luggage space.

Just an idea! :thumbsup:

phase1 or phase 2??

ur after the standard all red cluster yea?? ive got mine still sitting around doing nothing!!

Its a phase 2 if i remember seeing it earlier. Surprised it didn't come with them, here the Phase 2 and all TS have all red back lights.

Also you can't get LED all red ones can you? Ive never seen LED backlights of any sort for the Yaris, only Lexus, and the clear ones. If their are LED ones show me the path to them :)

Also you can't get LED all red ones can you? Ive never seen LED backlights of any sort for the Yaris, only Lexus, and the clear ones. If their are LED ones show me the path to them :)

Yes you can .. i saw them while i was in Hong Kong a while ago and they looked like they were made by Toyota themselves. Shame its so difficult sourcing all the parts available in asia over to the uk.

Ah well ...

phase1 or phase 2??

ur after the standard all red cluster yea?? ive got mine still sitting around doing nothing!!

Mine is a Phase2... are the rear clusters different? I was under the impression they were not...

Its a phase 2 if i remember seeing it earlier. Surprised it didn't come with them, here the Phase 2 and all TS have all red back lights.

We're missing a lot of things here that you guys can get. Hence me being after some all-reds. LED would be sweet, but it's not the end of the world, I just want to have a little change with the all red ones.

Pascal, that is one SWEET looking Yaris, bloody lovely mate  :thumbsup:

Pascal i agree with chappers :yes:

thats a very nice looking car you got there,not usually a fan of black wheels

on a black car but yours looks good :thumbsup:

Envy, find LED Backlights for the Yaris and expect me 2 order some for £200+ name your price.

And yeh love the car, odd how the specs change.

Ah, slight issue then, mine are phase 1, if im not mistaken dont the lights slightly change, or is that just the front lights, sure i heared a remour regarding rear

oo aand by the way, lovery yaris indeed :thumbsup:

Ah, slight issue then, mine are phase 1, if im not mistaken dont the lights slightly change, or is that just the front lights, sure i heared a remour regarding rear

oo aand by the way, lovery yaris indeed  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the positive comments.. :)

What in god's name can be different in the back? For sure the front is different, with the "teardrops" and all, it affects bumper shape, but in the back the sheetmetal has got to be the same, no?

Someone sell / trade me all red tails!! :thumbsup:

sure i saw some on ebay, but in two diff posts, someone is selling a left and someone selling a right

Really... I'll have to look at that... usually not obvious to get people to ship overseas though. :crybaby:

Thats the best Yaris ive ever seen.

Thanks, very much appreciated. :)

Icon 17"

Wooops, sorry 'bout that. Just realized my signature represents my summer wheels.

These ones are our winter wheels, with Toyo Garrit HT snow/ice tires. The wheels are Rota Grid, 16" x 7". Sorry for the confusion. :bye:

Hey Pascal,

Cheers from Canada, From my Yaris experience (same frustrations as you with respect to our Canadian offering) if I'm not mistaken the connectors + bulbs are different on Phase 1 vs Phase 2, for the same reason the Altezza/Lexus lamps have to be modified on Phase 2's.

The other cheaper alternative you could do is to get the ruby film specifically for redding out taillights. I know there's a few DIY on Echofans and Scionlife if you are inclined, unless you want the OEMs.

Cheers

Thanks for chiming in... When we say "modified to fit" are we talking about splicing a few wires? Or we're saying that the housing doesn't physically fit because the car's body panels are stamped differently?

Re-doing the wires doesn't bother me at all, if that's all there is.

I'll have to look up that film you're talking about. All I've see is people using that candy-apple red spray paint, and I'm sorry but it looks like garbage in my opinion.

You just have to buy a Phase 1 bulb housing (or something) and then you can fit them. Physically the same size, but wiring is slightly different.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links