Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do We Have Any Fast Car's On Here?

Ken

Ill be there anyway, pitting with 2 mates. 1 has 550bhp scooby, other has 400bhp 200sx. Standard drags will do me, for now :)

Please could you post the spec of the scooby as we are hoping to do something similar to ours and some idea on what to use would be nice

Cheers

If anyone is going, I'll see you there ;)
Its fast ye but ermmm Sub 13 sec's for a 1/4 mile run no idea

To give you an idea, to get a 12 second run in an Mr2 would probably require somewhere in the region of 400bhp, maybe more.

To be competitive in top speed - you'll be needing to go faster than 180mph.

All cars must be completely road legal, wth DOT approved tyres, and Tax/Ins/MOT.

Alot of people take TOTB very seriously, including myself. Unless you're an absolute speed freak with good 1/4 mile experience, and the knowledge of how to keep up with the competition - It probably ain't worth entering :(

Theres a lad I know with a rev 3 Turbo. Its got an airfilter and exhaust system and a dastek uni chip and its done a 12.xx pass at Crail on terrible Japanese tyres with standard rims etc.

In a years time, I will have a car to enter. Right now I do not.

To give you an idea, to get a 12 second run in an Mr2 would probably require somewhere in the region of 400bhp, maybe more.

All cars must be completely road legal, wth DOT approved tyres, and Tax/Ins/MOT.

Alot of people take TOTB very seriously, including myself. Unless you're an absolute speed freak with good 1/4 mile experience, and the knowledge of how to keep up with the competition - It probably ain't worth entering :(

Theres a lad I know with a rev 3 Turbo. Its got an airfilter and exhaust system and a dastek uni chip and its done a 12.xx pass at Crail on terrible Japanese tyres with standard rims etc.

Thats a !Removed! good time! :P

ive ask chris mann for the max times for FWD, RWD and 4WD as all cars time must be proven. i should be ok as i have don a 13 flat on yoko A539s by july hope to have some dunlop formula r's (in effect slicks but D.O.T. approved), traction control, an st205 geubikt (taller top end) and something a little special !!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes: . all i can say is i hope to be well in the 12's wich should put me in the top 5 hopefully (FWD class only) car should have over 170mph top end and it dont handle too bad either

i hope to be well in the 12's wich should put me in the top 5 hopefully (FWD class only)

Don't count on it! :P

There will be a couple of 11 second CRX's this year :eek:

Thats a !Removed! good time! :P

Can only imagine how fast it would be with a good driver behind the wheel :P (so does Amran frequent these forums, I may be about to find out :D )

Is that all thats done to it?

Remember folks - you can only have 2 of the following...

Speed

Reliability

Low Cost

:D

what is earl's car? my car is close to his well, will be tomorrow :wacko:

Mine's done a high 13 (13.776), but I wouldn't run the boost that high (17PSI) again without doing some serious strengthening to the bottom end. When I've done the turbo and fitted and mapped the e-Manage, I might be tempted to give it a go, but not before.

Blood, your car might feel like it's stupid fast, but when you see these guys running low 11's, you get back in yours and it feels like a slug. :lol:

Go to TOTB, and find out what "Fast" really is...

See ya'll there.

Remember folks - you can only have 2 of the following...

Speed

Reliability

Low Cost

No i have all 3 :D , plus i got leather and aircon :thumbsup:

You don't have the speed mate!!

14.7 ho ho ho

Oh yeah, i forgot silly me. 180+mph top end and a stock 1/4 time of the late 13's is slow :rolleyes: ;)

Problem i face is getting traction, although saying that the best time i have managed so far was a 14.4 using Nankang tyres :wacko: god knows what happened there...

This summer i'll be pulling very low 13's no problem, more than likely be in the 12's :hokus-pokus:

This summer i'll be pulling very low 13's no problem, more than likely be in the 12's

Cool, I was joking by the way mate ;) :P

Sounds like we'll be pretty evenly matched!

Cool, I was joking by the way mate ;)  :P

Sounds like we'll be pretty evenly matched!

Yeah i know dude :thumbsup:

You'll probably have the edge over me though as i can only come off the line at 1500rpm :lol: The only problem with having an auto.....

yeah but remember the saying "when the flag drops the bulls**t stops!!!!"

yeah  but remember the saying "when the flag drops the bulls**t stops!!!!"

oooooooooooooo i like that :D :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links