Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Vs Gti

Mitz

Any1 know whether any golf GTIs are faster then corolla T sport! I heard that the new 20th edition Golf will give corolla run for their money??? Anre their any comparisons???

I don't know but I hope the corrola is faster! I hate Golfs :angry: It would depend which golf, the older VR6 model is quick, but the new ones are ssoooooo heavy!

just seen 0-60 for the Golf V5, which is 8 secs. what are the Corolla stats??

I took the golf gti for a test before i bought the corolla.

It was slow compared to the t sport and is only 150 bhp.

also the body roll at low speed was quite poor.But the best way to find out is test them yourself!!

Wot bout the new golf Gti 1.8T i heard it does 0-60mph in 7.4 secs so it wud b very close in a race!

CTS is faster and better in every way than GTI, its an old car thats going to be replaced within next few months by even uglier car.... Golf R32 is faster than Corolla TS but it is also a lot heaver which affects its handling...

T sport shouldn't have much problem coping with/beating a GTI/180bhp golf

but the 4motion and R32 golf is another question, i doubt a standard corolla t sport could beat a standard 4motion/R32

Sam

There are so many generations of the GTi but if you're talking of the R32 model then there is no comparrison. Heres some R32 specs: 0-60=6.4secs, topspeed 152mph, 241bhp, torque 236.0 FT LBS / 320 NM @ 2800 RPM, 6 speed gear box and 4 wheel drive.

As you can see these are different cars and in totaly different leagues

Actually, R32 is NOT an GTI badged Golf... its simply called Golf R32 and it costs 23k GBP... lol... I am only one laughin at that? ;-)...and it weights 250 kg's more than our TS's...

GTI badged Golfs come with 1.8T and V5/VR6 engines...

T sport shouldn't have much problem coping with/beating a GTI/180bhp golf

but the 4motion and R32 golf is another question, i doubt a standard corolla t sport could beat a standard 4motion/R32

Sam

Surely a CTS shouldnt have any problems with the 2.8 V6 4Motion?? At least 0-100 sort of times anyway?

Im just going off the various threads comparing the CTR vs CTS and how the CTS comes out top? ;)

The CTR has no problems against the 4Motion, the R32 will be another matter though. But at that price :P only people with more money than sense will have one ;) Although it does look very nice.

4motion is an awesome machine, having first hand experience of it I wouldn't bet against it head to head with a CTS! besides 0-100 times aren't as important as 30-70 times, overtaking power is the deciding factor for me :thumbsup:

i'd like to see some proper statistics of the CTS too

4motion is an awesome machine, having first hand experience of it I wouldn't bet against it head to head with a CTS! besides 0-100 times aren't as important as 30-70 times, overtaking power is the deciding factor for me :thumbsup:

true 30-70 are more important which is why i mentioned about the threads CTR vs CTS where it appears the CTS is the better performing car ;)

If the CTR can basically take on the 4motion in any situation (if not caught off guard in the wrong agear :unsure: ) & the CTS is generally faster than the CTR then the CTS vs 4Motion shouldnt be a problem ;)

A fella in my village has a 4Motion and were always playing around when the roads are quiet and i think due to the weight and transmission loss once on the move (4 wheel drive) it just doesnt have enough power to keep up. Off the line he should be quicker due to 4 wheel drive but we dont actually know each other personally to test it :)

Being a 2.8 V6 it'll be a much more relaxed car to drive, but wheres the fun in that? :drool:

Just because we all love Toyotas we shouldn't talk ourselves into thinking they are better than they are? The R32 is in a diff league. As for the Civic, personally I feel that it the faster car, not the better car, but all the web sites I've just looked on the Civic has betters 0-60 times. Honda's are !Removed! fast cars, generally quicker than there book speeds say. The old civic CRX for example, book speed 0-60 was over 8 secs, my mates CRX was standard running under 7 secs NO LIE! Lets just keep it real, i know my GT4 would loose to a Prelude in a race off the lights! Book speeds say it won't but I DO LOOSE!! On coners I get my own back, thats how it goes, each car has there own good & bad points.

You can keep beleiving your own stats if u want, I will not reply again. :thumbsup:

4motion is an awesome machine, having first hand experience of it I wouldn't bet against it head to head with a CTS! besides 0-100 times aren't as important as 30-70 times, overtaking power is the deciding factor for me  :thumbsup:

true 30-70 are more important which is why i mentioned about the threads CTR vs CTS where it appears the CTS is the better performing car ;)

If the CTR can basically take on the 4motion in any situation (if not caught off guard in the wrong agear :unsure: ) & the CTS is generally faster than the CTR then the CTS vs 4Motion shouldnt be a problem ;)

A fella in my village has a 4Motion and were always playing around when the roads are quiet and i think due to the weight and transmission loss once on the move (4 wheel drive) it just doesnt have enough power to keep up. Off the line he should be quicker due to 4 wheel drive but we dont actually know each other personally to test it :)

Being a 2.8 V6 it'll be a much more relaxed car to drive, but wheres the fun in that? :drool:

The 4 motion's are unbelievable car's, not so much for the accelration and speeds but the handling of the thing !!

I had the pleasure of borrowing one when I was working in Wales and took it out to an overflow car park covered in gravel to see what it could do, won't say what we got up to but let's just say I was very, very impressed, as was the passenger :)

4motion - in bad weather, road, etc, it will eat up our TS, due to 4 wheel drive... but dont get mistaken - CTS is crazy as heck when in lift, so overtaking aint a problem

CTR - let me clarify this - CTR is faster than CTS in nice conditions, pour just a bit rain on the road, or gravel or anything similar, it will lose to CTS... in my personal opinion, if they wanted a real drivers car, they could have put an LSD in it to help handle all that front wheel power

While the notion of not having any eletronics (and being a "real driver's car") is really cool on the track, it is not as helpful on unknown back country roads where it save'd my CTS's paintwork few times so far ;-)

I test drove the 150 GTI and it was slow in comparison. i had a look at the 180 GTI but i could not get a test drive '' apparently it was the last one in the country'' however i think it would match or beat the TS. The V5 is slower and heavier but the V6 is faster .... of course having a masivley bigger engine and 4WD

4motion - in bad weather, road, etc, it will eat up our TS, due to 4 wheel drive... but dont get mistaken - CTS is crazy as heck when in lift, so overtaking aint a problem

CTR - let me clarify this - CTR is faster than CTS in nice conditions, pour just a bit rain on the road, or gravel or anything similar, it will lose to CTS... in my personal opinion, if they wanted a real drivers car, they could have put an LSD in it to help handle all that front wheel power

While the notion of not having any eletronics (and being a "real driver's car") is really cool on the track, it is not as helpful on unknown back country roads where it save'd my CTS's paintwork few times so far ;-)

:P LSD will really only be helpful on a track, unless people drive like a lunatic on the roads ;)

Traction control can be nice, but you ask any advanced driver (Class 1) what he thinks about any form of traction control and 99% of them will say its really only useful for people who cant control the car/know how to put the power down.

People are bound to argue saying its the best thing since sliced bread and i can see how it can be useful...gravel on the road, raining etc. The traction control is only doing what you can physcially do yourself but has it limitations, just like ABS is know to be bad for icey/snowy conditions.

Its basically a lazy way to accelerate fast, just drop the clutch and press your right foot down, wheres the skill involved in that?? :P

The CTR has a reputation for being bad in the wet. Not really true, its the standard Potenza's the car comes fitted with that are bad, same with the Leon Cupra R i believe...which HAS traction control. Stick some Toyo T1 Proxies on the fronts and its a different car in the wet :D

PS. If im on unknown back roads, i drive sensibly as u dont know whats around the next corner :D :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links