Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Bhp Are You Boys Running At?

swales_p

Cheers for all the feedback boys. :thumbsup:

Ok, torque.. what should i be aiming for + how is it achievable?

Im basically wanting a car that is extremely fast - this meaning 0 - 60, 60 - 100 mph, not top end, im not interested in that one bit . Oh.. i also want the car to handle really well. IM NOT ASKING FOR A LOT AM I!!!! :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

top end doesnt matter anyway. it will only go about 155mph no matter how much power you put through it.

The only difference will be how quickly it get's there. lol

are most rr figures at the flywheel guesstimates then????

how do u get at the wheels figures?, is thor at the wheels on that dynapack thing?

if so, 258rwhp@11psi

hopefully gonna get 290+ish at 16psi

Hi All, First post here !

I've had a 1995 (Sunroof) NA SW20 for last 3 years and was considering a Turbo Conversion. Had priced the job up and was about to get started (deposit on engine paid). I then saw a car on sale which has done basically everything I was aiming for, and the cost of the car (92-Tbar) was half the cost of my upgrade ! So I bought it (I atm own 2 MR2's, the 95 one will have to go soon !)

Anyway car arrived Thursday last week, and its monster !

List is endless, but to cut it _short_, Ross Forged Pistons, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ARP Headbolts, Race bearings, mongoose 4'' exhaust, Aussie downpipe, strengthend turbo, HKS SS BlowOff, manual Boost controller, High Capacity fuel pump, Fuel Cut defender to list the major components.

The last rolling road test gave it 257BHP. However this was at 13PSI boost and with the ECU kicking in the rev limiter at 6Krpm.

Its now running at 18PSI, and very soon I plan to get Dastek UniChip upgrade. Will let you know the next results once this is done but I'm guessing its around 300BHP even at 6Krmp. What I'll get with the extra revs I can only imagine.

The engine itself should handle 450bhp reliably, and I plan future upgrades myself of larger fuel injectors and a air/water intercooler.

Attached is the last printout, but watch this space when I do the next session (sometime in the next 6 weeks !), it will be MUCH higher.

Scan10001.JPG

I've had a 1995 (Sunroof) NA SW20 for last 3 years and was considering a Turbo Conversion. Had priced the job up and was about to get started (deposit on engine paid). I then saw a car on sale which has done basically everything I was aiming for, and the cost of the car (92-Tbar) was half the cost of my upgrade ! So I bought it (I atm own 2 MR2's, the 95 one will have to go soon !)

List is endless, but to cut it _short_, Ross Forged Pistons, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ARP Headbolts, Race bearings, mongoose 4'' exhaust, Aussie downpipe, strengthend turbo, HKS SS BlowOff,  manual Boost controller, High Capacity fuel pump, Fuel Cut defender to list the major components.

The last rolling road test gave it 257BHP. However this was at 13PSI boost and with the ECU kicking in the rev limiter at 6Krpm.

Its now running at 18PSI, and very soon I plan to get Dastek UniChip upgrade. Will let you know the next results once this is done but I'm guessing its around 300BHP even at 6Krmp. What I'll get with the extra revs I can only imagine.

The engine itself should handle 450bhp reliably, and I plan future upgrades myself of larger fuel injectors and a air/water intercooler.

Attached is the last printout, but watch this space when I do the next session (sometime in the next 6 weeks !), it will be MUCH higher.

Scan10001.JPG

??? ...

why does your car only rev to 6000rpm ?

List is endless, but to cut it _short_, Ross Forged Pistons, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ARP Headbolts, Race bearings, mongoose 4'' exhaust, Aussie downpipe, strengthend turbo, HKS SS BlowOff,  manual Boost controller, High Capacity fuel pump, Fuel Cut defender to list the major components.

Scan10001.JPG

wonder what turbo you have as thats a very peaky graph :eek: bugger all power low down (160bhp@4000rpm), shed loads at the top (257@5950rpm) looks like a normally aspirated graph, must be weird to drive must feel like your dropping a gear when you hit over 4000 rpm gaining almost 100bhp over a 2000rpm space :eek: don't get the 6000rpm limit..... mine doesn't hit the limiter untill 7750 rpm

could be the speed limiter in 4th ;)

very good point :D

but who'd tune a car to the point of forged internals then keep a 112 mph limit :unsure:

could be the speed limiter in 4th ;)

very good point :D

but who'd tune a car to the point of forged internals then keep a 112 mph limit :unsure:

The car is a kind of incomplete conversion job. The ECU has not been remapped yet. I've bought it because the cost of the engine alone is worth twice what I've paid for the entire car.

Have to evaluate the entire car this week (get it up on garage ramps and have a real good look at it) to see if its worth keeping or if i need to swap engines with my 95 car as I know thats in pretty good condition.

Anyway, have a preliminary session with Dastek in 3 weeks, he should be able to tell me what the next step is, but I'm keen on a UniChip upgrade which should sort out my powerbands, and any limiters on it. I do do track days so the speed limiter is seriously in need of removing.

Mabey its the wrong thread for this conversation, I was just posting my existing BHP.

Steve

Only been to Bedford Autodrome so far, plenty of run off areas, but there's never been another MR2 on the days i've done.

Next one is provisionally (havent paid for it yet) end of march if the car is all sorted.

Really, should we begin a new thread for my induction ? Dont wanna Hijack a BHP thread.

I have about 400RWHP @ 1.5bar

Car is going on the IMOC dyno day at Nobels on the 26th March. Getting the car mapped and the smokey turbo getting sorted.

Did I mention I am running this on Standard Internals. And was running 2.0bar which would have been about 500@fly :help:

PAH!!!!! Its only a car ;)

I'm quite suprised at your figures!

It seems MR2's dont make as much power at the same boost as CRX's, and they are 400cc's less!

12psi in a Turbo CRX is good for about 320bhp - 16psi will easily see it past 400.

400 RWHP!!! :eek: now were talking!!! Whats your performance figures on this hedgehog Dodger? 0 - 60 etc etc. Oh, and seeing as torques been mentioned in this post, hows your Mister 2 on this.

Oh..and just a thought, mines a Rev 2, so will this be achievable with this engine?

Cheers :thumbsup:

anything's acheivable mate. The rev3 onwards simply has slightly more power to begin with. Along with larger injectors etc.

But... it is easily achievable with a rev1 etc.

400 RWHP!!!  :eek:  now were talking!!! Whats your performance figures on this hedgehog Dodger? 0 - 60 etc etc. Oh, and seeing as torques been mentioned in this post, hows your Mister 2 on this.

Oh..and just a thought, mines a Rev 2, so will this be achievable with this engine?

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Car is going on the dyno on the 26th March so will have full stats then my friend.

0-60 is quick....very quick. I have not had a runin with a car that can out accelerate me from 60mph - 120(ish) yet.

What I have to remember is that I am on standard internals. I was running 2bar on these for about 3 months. It was running 1.7bar in Japan on there fuel (I found out about 2 months ago) So i have turned the boost down to 1bar until I can get it mapped. 2bar on my car with this turbo I would have hit 500HP on standards!

Your goal for big power has to be built right. Fuel is the most important IMO, as you dont want the car to lean out as thats when DET will occue. Running rish is far healthier.

:D

It seems MR2's dont make as much power at the same boost as CRX's, and they are 400cc's less!

12psi in a Turbo CRX is good for about 320bhp - 16psi will easily see it past 400.

Honda boy.

Is that on a standard turbo and internals? It all depends on what turbo you are running for power at boost levels. I can hit 350HP @ 1bar 15psi with my turbo.

????????????? to your post!

huh? 320bhp @ 12psi from a 1600 CRX?????

...at what sort of rpm? 120000??? :lol:

But no torque .. you gotta remember I'm hitting 260 lb/ft @ about 5k rpm ..

But no torque .. you gotta remember I'm hitting 260 lb/ft @ about 5k rpm ..

Quite right Mr Bibbs. :yes:

what size turbo is that?

are u sure it aint 22psi? 12psi = 320bhp :unsure::wacko:

top end doesnt matter anyway. it will only go about 155mph no matter how much power you put through it.

Had mine at 164mph and still had more to go before I backed off. My speedo is actally underreading by a bit (30mph on speedo is 31mph etc) so I know it was that speed or over.

R.

Had mine at 164mph and still had more to go before I backed off. My speedo is actally underreading by a bit (30mph on speedo is 31mph etc) so I know it was that speed or over.

R.

with your tractor wheels your speedo would under read yes, but to do 164 on the clock you'd be apparently doing 7 to 8 % more so 175mph,,.......... I don't believe you :P been discussed a million times 5th gear simply isn't long enough. It would mean if 175mph was at red line 7500rpm in 5th at 30mph your doing 1285 rpm, too tired to think... if it had more to go... say 175mph @ 6500rpm = 1112rpm@30mph in 5th. I'll see tomorrow what mine does at 30mph :D to tired now, and too many beers :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links