Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Weird Stereo Issue...

Jimlad

ok.. wired up my stereo tonight and everything seemed to be ok. Went to push it into it's slot and it went off. Took it back out, all wires seemed fine etc. Then the sidelights came on... without the ignition being turned or the sidelights being switched on.

Disconnected it, checked the wires... checked the fuse on the stereo, all fine. Now when I connect it back up the car aerial goes up. This is without me even switching on the ignition, but... the stereo will not come on. Also when I turn the ignition on or off you hear a loud noise through the Speakers. It's wired up the exact same as it was when it was working.

Is there a fuse or something in-car that I could have blown somehow?? I'm proper confused here. Or somehow possibly the car side of the wiring is faulty ? I'm using a modified harness adapter. Simply chopped it up and connected it to the stereos connector. The original car wiring is untouched. I have had a stereo connected to the car with no issued in the past.

Anyone had this before or got any idea how to fix it ??

thanks.

( possibly should be in audio section ... but possibly a weird mr2 issue )

you sure ??

gonna play hunt the frigged fuse tomorrow.

Also think my sub fuse is blown as I couldn't get that stupid thing to come on either... auto audio electrician ?... Me... yeah right... lol.

check the earth, standard toyotas earth themselves through aerial(or is it other way round) but still stereo fitment shouldnt have owt to do with sidelights! you havent spliced aer control and live wires together by any chance?

while on about fuses, does anyone know where the fuse is for the cig lighter?

no.. havn't spliced aerial control and love wires. Wiring is fine.. like I said all was fine until I pushed the stereo back into the car.

Jim describe the noise you get? Is it a buzzing noise for a couple of seconds?

noise isn't hapenning anymore... gonna go to the car soon and check all the fuses etc, etc.

Also gonna plug it into ricos motor to see if it works there.

fixed it !!!

You'll never guess what it was!! The Radio Band expander is faulty and not working anymore. Disconnected it and the stereo works fine.. I can also somehow pick up UK stations too.. not too sure why tho... lol.

But it's fixed!

is it a uk radio? only need the modulator for jap radios. was gonna say if u need one i have my old one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links