Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Way To Stop A Car Starting

ghecko

Anyone have any good tips on things to remove from an engine so the alarm still works to stop the car starting - thinking about doing this when off on holiday and would appeciate any tips anyone can give for what to remove with the least hassle.

Take out the circuit opening relay, its in the fuse box in the engine bay.

• 4 months later...

Its stupid that we have to do things like this anyway, the police should work harder on catching car thieves insted of spending their time catching people going 5 mph over the limit. They hardly ever catch thieves but you can be sure if you drive at 35mph you will be caught sooner or later. Even if they do catch them they normally get a smaller punishment/fine than somebody speeding :angry:

But anyway back to the point why not remove your steering wheel. Best bet would be to try nd find a garage for it that way they can't put it on the back of a low loader and more importantly they won't know its there anyway.

I was having worries like this before i got my fez in the garage - not too concerned now as the 'offending persons' who were trying to steal it have been 'warned' so to speak! :ph34r:

But my dad and his mate were gonna knock up a cage that fitted under the floor of the car (around the wheels) and bolted to the driveway!

Alright for the days that you are at home and they havent got long to steal it , but if your on holiday then theyve got all the time they want to get the grinders and crowbars onto it - i think id feel more gutted if id done all that and then they still nicked it! :angry:

I think the best option is like somebody said above - storage in neighbours garage, your own garage , rent one somewhere etc etc :)

Are you having a lot trouble with theives? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links