Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000gt, Anyone Ever Seen One?

adi

Hi all, somewhere on this crappy little island we live in there must be someone with a 2000GT... i've love to see one but i guess the chances are slim at any UK shows.. has anyone ever seen one in the flesh or know someone whos got one?

Cheers

adi

Again not seen one in the flesh but would love to, an absolute beast and a stunning car...

:bookworm:

which one.............

the MR2 version

or the 60's sportscar :thumbsup:

Got to admit, it does look good! :drool:

2000gt3.gif

em39home.gif

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that there are none in the UK anymore the last one being shipped overseas in the late nineties, I'll have to try to remember where I read it. :(

Actually there's a motor museum up north called cars of the stars which has a replica convertable like the one in the James Bond film You only live twice

Don't know if its road worthy though

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that there are none in the UK anymore the last one being shipped overseas in the late nineties, I'll have to try to remember where I read it. :(

Actually there's a motor museum up north called cars of the stars which has a replica convertable like the one in the James Bond film You only live twice

Don't know if its road worthy though

Our workshops did some restoration work on one some years ago. Looked lovely.

They were built by Yamaha if my memory serves me correctly.

They were built by Yamaha if my memory serves me correctly.

That wouldnt supprise me. My cylinder head is built by Yamaha.... they prob. did the engine, but dont know about the whole car...

Their are non in the toyota enthusiasts club, but some do come here for meets etc as far as ive herd.

The shape of the last generation of Supra looks not too-dissimilar to the style of the red 2000 GT.

YOU can see a resemblance. :P

Anyway I want one...... :drool::drool:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: B)

To find the owner of one (or more) of these beauties and introduce him/her to TOC. Tell them to bring photos.

Eyes open everyone. :eek::eek::eek:

The shape of the last generation of Supra looks not too-dissimilar to the style of the red 2000 GT.

:D Thats true.. never realised that before..

337 were made.

One was sold in the US at auction for US$ 150,000

the original 2000gt, had the same 1g engine as fitted to the IS200....albeit the is200 has a vvti head

I think the white convertiable in the Bond movie was built especially for the film so it could be the only convertable ever built by the factory :eek:

It was built so that Mr. Bond could be seen.

the original 2000gt, had the same 1g engine as fitted to the IS200....albeit the is200 has a vvti head

Read that site i posted above.. it used the 3M.

hmmmmm,

maybe the blocks are thew same, the book i have infront of me, shows it with the same block...but different head

which i also add was fitted to the crowns........but as defo a 1g..but with either supercharger or twin turbo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links