Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting This In Dash Dvd To My Yaris

admanirv

Hi guys (its me the dummy who know sod all about fitting ice!),

im wanting to fit this unit to my yaris t sport, its 2 din size units. I have a standard headunit installed at the moment. Just wondering how id fit these 2 units, and connect the 4 standard Speakers and my 6x9's

Im also concerned about powering all this, should look sweet when if i buy and install it all, ill post pics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

thanks all

Hi guys (its me the dummy who know sod all about fitting ice!),

im wanting to fit this unit to my yaris t sport, its 2 din size units. I have a standard headunit installed at the moment. Just wondering how id fit these 2 units, and connect the 4 standard speakers and my 6x9's

Im also concerned about powering all this, should look sweet when if i buy and install it all, ill post pics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

thanks all

anyone ideas?, it would be greatly appreciated

It'll have an AUX out for Headunit or summat..

Or do you not plan on having a headunt?

It comes with a headunit which connect to the tft screen, if thats any help?

I would personally Email him..

It comes with a dvd player thingy, but im unsure as to what connections to use as the Speakers.. ?

Auxillary audio output on (mini-plug)

Dolby Digital output (coaxial)

RCA video and audio outputs

:thumbsup:

I would personally Email him..

It comes with a dvd player thingy, but im unsure as to what connections to use as the speakers.. ?

Auxillary audio output on (mini-plug)

Dolby Digital output (coaxial)

RCA video and audio outputs

thanks for you main help, my main concern is how would i fit these 2 units and power them up, get fascia off mr t , though thats wouldnt allow me to have the 2 units by each other. I just wanna know if my yaris will power both these units. spekaers wise hes say i can attach Speakers think its via pre outs etc

I was looking at installing a kenwood double din unit in my yaris, but would not fit in the toyota fascia. It was too tall and not wide enough. If it is in two seperate parts, it may be possible to install the screen in the dash and pop the other haldf of the unit in the glove compartment. just an idea! Regarding powering them, it shouldn't be too diffivult, just may need to power one directly from Battery

I was looking at installing a kenwood double din unit in my yaris, but would not fit in the toyota fascia. It was too tall and not wide enough. If it is in two seperate parts, it may be possible to install the screen in the dash and pop the other haldf of the unit in the glove compartment. just an idea! Regarding powering them, it shouldn't be too diffivult, just may need to power one directly from battery

Damn!, i was going to put the dvd player in the glove compartment and connect wires to tft screen, then take out the standard headunit and replace it with the aftermarket fascia and then install the screen.

Im cocerned about powering, in dont want to mess about with the Battery, i just want to power it the existing wires coming out!.

thanks so far for your help guys, i suppose it maybe too much hassel?

To be honest if you want something with a dvd player with screen etc, I'd go for a single unit, the size of a normal stereo with a motorized screen. They're coming down in prices now and would save you alot of hastle. Then you're almost guaranteed a fit! Check out this one:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+3028

I enjoy hassle.. Creating/making stuff, so i'd go for an in car pc..

Sheedload of mp3's at hand, HD full of *cough* 'movies'

haha cool, ah sod i dont think ill bother, its going to be too much hassel ill end up spending more too!

:lol: If you've got the time it's not a bad idea! If i'd had the cash this winter I would have done something similar myself. Yep, lots of space for *cough* 'movies' *cough* :lol:

:lol: If you've got the time it's not a bad idea! If i'd had the cash this winter I would have done something similar myself. Yep, lots of space for *cough* 'movies' *cough* :lol:

So im probably going to have to power up one of the units from the Battery!?!

So im probably going to have to power up one of the units from the battery!?!

Unless you have some other means of powering it?

But yeah, the Battery, as you would an amp or any other 'powered' device.. More than likely you would connect them in the harness rather than direct to the Battery terminals..

So im probably going to have to power up one of the units from the battery!?!

Unless you have some other means of powering it?

But yeah, the Battery, as you would an amp or any other 'powered' device.. More than likely you would connect them in the harness rather than direct to the Battery terminals..

Yeah that what id like to do just connect to a harness, but i dont think i can do that. oh bugger, i thought this was goin to be so easy!

It's dead easy to wire smething upto the Battery. Just take your power leads, but sum 'O' rings on the ends, then connect them to the terminals (very easy) then there's a rubber bung just behind the Battery that you can push through with a screw driver and pass wires through there (or hole in passenger footwell) than run them to whatever you're powering and bob's your uncle!

It really is very simple!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links