Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Parcel Shelf

mrrandom

sub and6x9's on the pacel shelf and leave the amp hidden in the spare wheel well. thats it, would the parcel shelf hold it? or shud i pu the sub in the boot?

Oh dear..

Have you held a 12" *snigger*, and felt the weight? *snigger*

You would also need a passive sub. Just chuck it in a box and get it over and done with :)

Are you serious? The shelf would more than likely break in half. The sub needs to be in a box ideally, to get the best usage from it. If you wanted you could put the sub in the spare wheel well, but then you'd have to get a custom build for it, dynamat the floor etc. Just get a box for it!

lol yeah i got a box comin too, just wanted 2 c if it wud work lol. ok. put it in a box, just sit it in the boot and can screw the amp down beside it

you wana bet 6 by 9s dont weigh that much? should feel the weight of mine, at least the same weight as my sub, possibly heavier

My 6x9's don't weigh much and are well good! :thumbsup:

And subs are generally pretty heavy things! :thumbsup:

If u're contemplating putting a sub in the parcel shelf..... go fro a 10" free air.. and rebuild the parcel shelf out of 12mm MDF.

A made achieved 129db from his single 10" kicker free air in a sedan. A lot of luxury cars come with 8 or 10" subs in the rear shelves.

I have 2 10inch subs on my parcel shelf Which i made from 18mm mdf & it works fine. I also made a box which fits covers the whole boot space & i have a 12inch sub in it looks quite cool & sound good too. I will post up pics when i get round to taking them :D

yeh, get the free air sub's. i know pioneer do some which aint too bad, depends how much your lookin to spend. as crazy as it sounds tho, its a good idea using the shelf like one big giant sub and box! also make sure u get a custom stealth shelf or makle one urself!

i had 2 12's in an MDF shelf for a short while but that sagged and wasnt to my taste the sub was too lazy and slow so ive now got a 10" JL in a sealed box and that sounds as good if not better!

i wouldnt mind a vibe sub to replace my sony xplod one! ur term of "lazy" seems to describe my sub well, although the bass is good.

if your using freeair subs, and i mean, subs DEDICATED for that use then the parcel shelf really needs to be sealed to the boot and so do the back seats

as speedy says some luxury cars have them but they are generally proper saloon cars aswell

dont try and put a normal box sub on there, itll sound pants and make a mess of the shelf

buy a box for 20quid!

what u mean by that? ppl in here seem 2 think that i am some accident prone ******? i had one accident which was my fault and a guy drove into me, now how was that my fault? ive only had 1 accident that I am to blame for and that was because i failed to finish an emergency stop after a woman infront of me stopped suddenly. so why the grief earpl?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links