Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Charging A 2.4 Td - Tips How To ?

Ricey155

Hi 1st post, i have a imported 2.4td hilux surf, currently i run it with me draper jumpstarter

when its running it a beut but turn it off it wont start with the jumpstarter

put it on charge overnight but doesnt seem to touch it

what ya reckon new batteries, alternator ??

it has been sitting idle for a while

what ay reckon any tips ??

Both batteries are very low CCA so it would be a good idea to buy some new ones, get the best ones that will fit in the space and of course go for the highest CCA.

Shop around you should be able to get them for around £80 from a good motor factors, when I say motor factors I don't mean Halfrauds.

Both batteries are very low CCA so it would be a good idea to buy some new ones, get the best ones that will fit in the space and of course go for the highest CCA.

Shop around you should be able to get them for around £80 from a good motor factors, when I say motor factors I don't mean Halfrauds.

yeah i wondered if the batteries were just finished, so many electric gadgets to play with rear window, cl, lecky sunroof windows etc

must take some charging, best get on the phone and get some deals done

cheersy :eek:

All imports sit on the dock side for months and weeks on the boat, jump started dozens of times to move them etc so the batteries will be scrap with oxidation of the plates..

Check out Battery wholesalers you need at least 70Amp Hours..

CCA= Cold Cranking Amps incase you are wondering..

I had a similar problem with my father in laws Surf with the 2 Battery split charger system.

I replaced both batterys and its been fine ever since.

Steve

1991 Hilux Surf

2.4 TD SSR-Limited

1990 MR2 Turbo GT

I suggest you still get a quote from a toyota main dealer for batteries as I had a pleasant surprise of £118 for TWO. That was for a colorado 3.0td, so not dissimilar to yours. Apparently it is cheaper to provide two smaller batteries than one large one and smaller batteries are more common, readily available and cheaper.

Good Luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links