Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Greddy E-manage Vs Unichip

dj_davo

This Will Do Everything The Uni-Chip Can Do And More And Even With The Optional Parts Its Still Cheaper And Just As Easy To Tune At Any Tuners

this is the quote from the store section of mr2oc.co.uk - twosrus.co.uk.

what do peeps think. would you agree with this statement.

did the unichip crew have a long look at these before still opting for the unichip?

would you buy this instead of a unichip as it is cheaper.

with the included software would you plug your laptop in and have a play yourself without spending on a RR setup - im sure you could download different ecu maps?

basically i have often pondered over these questions and after all these months i might as well try and get a definitive answer. :yes:

i thought the e-manage was purely a fuel comuter like the s-afc 2, i didnt know it did the timing, ignition etc like the unichip.

dont u need the profec e-01 to control boost and stuff too?? i think thats quite expensive.

not sure how much the unichip boost controller is though.

boost controller comes standard with the unichip.

It's the thing at the bottom of the unichip in this piccy of my motor.... note the stipped out racer boot... :)

021.jpg

I think the Unichip is a great all in one solution. Fair enough it isnt all bling, OEL displays and user programmable but hey I'm not a qualified engine tuner so I dont want to "try" tuning my own car and blowing it up through too much boost, too far advanced timing or det.

I think the Unichip is a great all in one solution. Fair enough it isnt all bling, OEL displays and user programmable but hey I'm not a qualified engine tuner so I dont want to "try" tuning my own car and blowing it up through too much boost, too far advanced timing or det.

yip.. I agree... no matter what I do with the mr2 in the future, the unichip should be able to handle it.

Agreed... to a point!

The Unichip is a great way to start, but when you come to fitting a bigger turbo, it's time to move up. The Greddy eManage is pretty much the same as the Unichip, as it's a piggyback ECU designed to run in-line with the OEM unit.

They both have thier strengths and weaknesses, but for the first timer, you won't go far wrong with either. :thumbsup:

Agreed mate, but not to the same degree of flexibility, or extremes that the Power FC and Commander would provide. If it did, you'd find a UniChip on all the 500+ bhp 2's out there, coz it's a sh1te load cheaper than an FC. :D

The UniChip (or eManage) is a perfect way to go if you have a smallish budget, and don't plan on going to huge amounts of power.

In my opinion the unichips better than the emange from what i have read, but the power FC's better than the unichip, but the new unichip will kick them both totally into touch according to some of the imoc people.

The unichip is flexible enough to allow you to add a turbo to an en engine that was never designed to have one, It'll control extra injectors, water injection, control vtec/vvt functions, igntion, fuelling, it'll take info from bolt on sensors, and it'll be set up by a guy who knows what he's doing... How much more flexibility do you need? You can even select different maps for different circumstances, either manually or automatically.

Yes, e-manage will do the same thing, for a comparable price, and with similar results. Some may think that the ability to tune your engine yourself via a laptop without use of a rolling road is a good thing, but in my opinion the kind of people who think thats a good thing, are the sorts of people who tend to get big bills for engine rebuilds. I personally think its a bad idea. If you know what your doing, then you'll know the only way to reliably tune an engine is in a controlled environment, and on a dyno. If you dont know what your doing, then you need to keep your hands off.

Also, I think I'm right in saying that the Unichip has something like 50,000 seperate mempry points for fuel data, and the same for ignition, giving the tuner very fine control over whats happening on the engine. Basically the tuner can tune fuel and ignition for every 25rpm through the rev range? Which I think is far more than the e-manage can er... manage. On the other hand I'm told that the e-manage is easier to set up to run bigger injectors.

That said, the golden rule with any chip is that its only as good as the guy who tunes it...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links