Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water In Book

mark.wallace@mawallace1.d

I had a flat tyre on way to work. I was surprised, when I lifted the cover to access the spare tyre to find that there was some water in the tyre well. There was also some water in the rear well where the jack is stored. Any ideas how the water got into the car and how to prevent it reappearing?

Which model is it Mark?

I once had a Vauxhall estate with that problem and the culprit was the rear window seal but I have heard that water can get there from a sunroof!

This cropped up on one of the other forum sections a while back.. the cause there was a poor boot rubber seal. Someone discovered that if you took the seal off and refitted it so the ends were in a different place then it cured the leak completely. No idea if this applies here though, just thought i'd throw it in !

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

My carina had a roblem with water in the spare wheel well... discovered when the whole well rusted through in a ring.....

Guess I must have changed a wet tyre and forgot about it.

• 1 month later...

help: I have the same problem with water in the spare tyre well and where the jack is stored. It's too much water for condensation. Would the light cluster be a place water could come in? I would have thought if it was the rear window wiper it would have made a mess of the rear trim? My car is 1.8 vvti hatch W reg (2000)

help: I have the same problem with water in the spare tyre well and where the jack is stored. It's too much water for condensation. Would the light cluster be a place water could come in? I would have thought if it was the rear window wiper it would have made a mess of the rear trim? My car is 1.8 vvti hatch W reg (2000)

ive had this prob, water got through the the boot seal at the base where the lock catch is, poor water down the boot while closed then open the boot, you should see where the water is getting through the seal, i used silicon sealer on mine, just apply it to the boot seal along the bottom over the ridge nearest the the inside of the boot.

hope this helps!

Thanks, I will try the sealer route. I think the water is getting in higher up than the lock catch. I could feel it dripping in from above the light cluster (so that rules out the light cluster leaking). I thought I might try masking tape (pussers tape). I know it won't look prety but if it stops the damned leak then ok with me. :thumbsup:

I've got exactly the same problem, thought it might have been caused by the pressure washer. There's a plastic pipe going down, near where the jack etc are kept, could this be the culprit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links