Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E=mc2

MrWinkey

Hi all,

another silly post.

Air Con.

In the manual, it tells you how to defog the windows. It says to set the temp to Hot, the fan to any speed and the air intake to fresh and set the Air Con to on!

Now, i think it would be better (i.e. Quicker) to set all the above as said, with the exception of the air intake. I think as the Air Con is taking moisture out of the air, it ashould be set to Recirculate the air. As pulling outside air in, will also pull in fresh moisture.

Am i wrong, if so, please explain!

(I use this method and it clears the windows in half the time, literally seconds)

I don't think that recirculated air gives enough airflow through to demist the windows quickly.

(Although I don't have Aircon on the T3)

It works well for me with Hot temp, Fast fan and Air intake to fresh :thumbsup:

Yeh, as i said, i use this method and it clears the windows in literally seconds (talking 5 secs max), so it must have some decent air flow.

That lead me to my next question.

I know where the air comes out of from each of the blowers, but, when recirculating, where does the car suck it in from in the cab? I cant see any intake vents at all.

If you have it on recurculate it can cause fogging. This is due to excess humidity from inside the vehicle.... It may clear it quick, but leave it like that and the car will fog up all around, and if you flick it back to fresh, the change in moisture/humidity could cause wetness/fogging on the screen.

In winter, just do as the manual says and let it de-fog for a minute... no harm in waiting.... it clears out any moisture that's settled in your air-intake ducts too so it doesn't get mouldy and smelly!

This sounds complicated.

I always thought that the slider on the dash - top right either ment fresh air in or recirculate?

I used to have mazda 626s as company cars years ago and they had a window clearing mode. What it did was push all the air onto the windscreen and automatically recirculate. This would clear the windscreen from hard frozen in about 30secs.

Now I tend to try the same with my yaris and admittedly it takes longer on a hard frozen windscreen ... but it does work...

(Although I don't have Aircon on the T3)

It works well for me with Hot temp, Fast fan and Air intake to fresh :thumbsup:

Thats what I do in my T3 too..doesnt take too long at all.

Must admit i use the Aircon to do it... But i have this Mer stuff now that stopps it fogging so its not too bad now!!!

The worst thing you can do is clean your seats with water or febreeze them and not air the car out properly - Moisture city!!! Made that mistake in the Corsa (Excuse my language)

The worst moisture i have had in any car was when i went walking in the lakes with 2 mates, raining hard, freezing and getting changed into dry stuff in the car, it beaded up really badly - Wish i had aircon then!

I have mine on recirculated air most of the time as its more pleasant when driving around town and only really remember to give it a fresh blast on Mways...

I use Air con to demist... works wonders

I have mine on recirculated air most of the time as its more pleasant when driving around town and only really remember to give it a fresh blast on Mways...

I use Air con to demist... works wonders

Erm... fresh should be used 90% of the time! Otherwise you'll get mould, gunk and grime in your air fan intake as the moisture builds up! Plus, fresh air is better for you! Also... re-circulate fogs up your car!

i usually have the window open. thats refreshing.

Me too! Frickin' lovely on a cold mornin... wakes you up no ends!!

Yeah recircs bad, makes the car like a sauna and its an eyeball-dryer... Even if you don't use loads of heat! Not to mention the fog it creates! Going to sleep at the wheel may also be more likely in this situation as you can't beat a bit of fresh! I think i used it once when i was behind some dirty transit van that was producing more thick black smoke than a power plant. Thats all its good for IMO!

I've got into the habit of recirc.... but only to stop the stink from the car in front infiltrating my lovely cabin..... :ffs:

Well Boys and Girls,

we use recirc all the time to de-mist the windows first thing, and it works amazingly.

It has never misted the windows. But as i said, we use it with the air con, which is meant to remove moisture, so should stop misting.

I've got into the habit of recirc.... but only to stop the stink from the car in front infiltrating my lovely cabin.....  :ffs:

God i love not working / living in a city!

Its probably healthier to breathe the air from outside than breathe it in with all spores suspended in it because your ducting has gone mouldy ;)

Each to their own eh - There's always a trip to Halfrauds and a stylish Air Freshner :lol:

we use recirc all the time to de-mist the windows first thing, and it works amazingly.

It has never misted the windows. But as i said, we use it with the air con, which is meant to remove moisture, so should stop misting.

Have u tried it without recirc on... It does it in a matter of seconds, i don't think it matters that much at all!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links