Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealers Dont Have Clue Mkii

earpl

as some of you know i lost my only set of keys on thursday in 8 inches of snow.........

the funny thing about it is the toyota dealers quoted me £1200 for a new set. although a local auto locksmith (who had done one before) said £480, 400 for the job and 2 keys and 80 for a remote key. while toyota wanted 3 remote keys, all new locks and to replace the ECU ****ers!!!!

any way i managed to find them yesterday afternoon :P does any one want to buy a metal detctor for £40? brand new used for 2 mins.......

as some of you know i lost my only set of keys on thursday in 8 inches of snow.........

the funny thing about it is the toyota dealers quoted me £1200 for a new set. although a local auto locksmith (who had done one before) said £480, 400 for the job and 2 keys and 80 for a remote key. while toyota wanted 3 remote keys, all new locks and to replace the ECU ****ers!!!!

any way i managed to find them yesterday afternoon :P does any one want to buy a metal detctor for £40? brand new used for 2 mins.......

the dealer was talking through his :censor: . if you lose your keys all you need is your chassis number to order a new key, that will be cut to open you door and just need to be coded to start the car, toyota keep records of all keys, i lost the keys of my 1986 starlet and i ordered new keys off the chassis number and had them the next day for €15, sorted :thumbsup:

lol it didn't find £55 no......

Of no use to me i'm afraid.. i need one that finds money.

Best keeping hold of it incase you loose the keys again.. in saying that.. if it finds marbles someone might by it, a few on here have lost theirs :P

PMSL :D

Who would that be then??? ;)

there's :blink: , :hokus-pokus: , B) , :group-cuddles:, and :eek: .. not to mention :ph34r: who thinks we don't know he has lost his.

there's   :blink: ,  :hokus-pokus: ,  B) ,  :group-cuddles:, and  :eek: .. not to mention  :ph34r:  who thinks we don't know he has lost his.

He,He,He...........there comming to take me away Ha Ha :D ;)

They always said you had to be just a bit mad to be here

the dealer was talking through his :censor: . if you lose your keys all you need is your chassis number to order a new key, that will be cut to open you door and just need to be coded to start the car, toyota keep records of all keys, i lost the keys of my 1986 starlet and i ordered new keys off the chassis number and had them the next day for €15, sorted :thumbsup:

But a 1986 Starlet dont have a transponder key that needs coding into the ECU like all Toyota from 1996 onwards and as the black key is a master key to open the system up to allow u to code in other keys without it its a new ECU

You are correct though that TGB keep all key numbers for non imported Toyotas

:thumbsup:

But a 1986 Starlet dont have a transponder key that needs coding into the ECU like all Toyota from 1996 onwards and as the black key is a master key to open the system up to allow u to code in other keys without it its a new ECU

it is possible to get the ecu blanked so it will except a new set of keys

Mr T quoted me 140 notes for a remote key and £70 for a standard (Which i believe won't work in the doors if deadlocking is activated??? :wacko:

So whats the point!

Criminal

Mr T quoted me 140 notes for a remote key and £70 for a standard (Which i believe won't work in the doors if deadlocking is activated???  :wacko:

So whats the point!

Criminal

i don`t think there are deadlocks on any yaris

yes there are deadlocks on Yaris.... if you press the lock button twice in succession it deadlocks the doors.... at least it does so on my model :thumbsup:

T3 deadlocks ..........press the remote lock twice within 5 seconds :thumbsup:

it is possible to get the ecu blanked so it will except a new set of keys

Only problem is that you need a key with the appropriate transponder code in it to be able to blank that part of the ECU in the first place.

Yves.

Press once to lock (and set alarm if present)....

Twice to deadlock...

Three times (if you have an alarm) to deactivate interior protection...

Four times... reactivate interior protection

Five times.... car is wrapped in invisible force field and any chav/cat/tart is shot dead by a roof-pop-out machine gun when perimeter is broken. (on some models)

over here we have 6 models E,Terra,Luna,Sol,Blue,T-sport and all but the TS i can say for sure don`t have deadlocks, :ffs: crap irish spec cars

roof top, it that all ive got a boot full.

I was going for subtle... but yeah, your car would shoot my car's backside off!

Mr T quoted me 140 notes for a remote key and £70 for a standard (Which i believe won't work in the doors if deadlocking is activated???  :wacko:

So whats the point!

Criminal

i don`t think there are deadlocks on any yaris

Incorrect.

Press the lock button twice = Deadlocked. Standard on models with remote central locking on the Yaris :P

just won a new transponder key on ebay! £70, now to get it cut and coded, back of the net!

A proper Mr T remote one?

The normal transponder keys are £70 including coding (No buttons) from Mr T

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links