Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Little B*****ds Damaged My Car!

Yaris-Nut

Sons of Bit**es! I'd have rammed the cone so far up where the sun don't shine they would have been tasting it for weeks! Shame you didn't catch the bleeders! Really sorry mate...

I had some chavscum boot the sides of one of my cars a couple of years back, i had picked my mates sister and her mate up from clubbing and on the way home, these 2 dorks ran out into the road and kicked my car... Braked hard and was going to let them feel the business end of my stoplock but they got away and left a nasty dent and no offside repeater in their wake - So i know how you feel. I was also once in a kebab shop when a traffic cone came through the window - also courtesy of our life long friend the Chav.

There was a time when you could leave your car anywhere (Unless you lived in Moss Side - Manchester M15 :ph34r: ) Now, you've no chance in most towns, i think its a jealousy thing myself...

Absolutely mate! .. Some people are so anti-social and jealous nowadays that they break and damage what they cannot afford or cant be ubikd to work for!

Total scum if u ask me.

i know how u feel mate, i had my car keyed all over last month!!

u mite drop lucky and see the lad again when your next at work, then you can beat f**K out of him!!

i caught the chap that did mine the other week :boxing: :boxing:

Tom!!

Oh well .. thanks for your replies and advice everyone. I know most of you have told me not to tell the insurance company about it, but because i've called the police about the damage done, would the insurance company find out and would it be a problem?

I mean telling my insurance company is not a problem, but i'm afraid if in the future i had an accident that they will use the excuse of not using their own approved garages to fix the bonnet as an excuse to get out of payment etc.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks for the help everyone ... i will try and get it sorted soon.

:(

Didn't see this bit before!!

No it won't be a problem that you have reported it to the Police and not your insurance..the only time insurers contact the Police is to obtain a report which the Police have prepared of an accident, and also they usually require a crime reference number if you claim for a break in/theft of your vehicle.

Also they won't use the excuse of not using their own approved garages to fix the bonnet - if you were claiming then they would have to authorise repairs to your own garage, which if a small amount will sometimes be authorised directly to the garage or if it's a bigger amount/labour is high then they would probably get it inspected by one of their engineers so everything will then be covered. If you used an approved repairer then they wouldnt need to send out an engineer as usually the approved garages have direct linkage to the insurer so they can get authorisation ASAP.

The reason I say to not tell them yet, is because I am pretty certain that even if you report a claim where there is no-one else involved it will bump up your premium slightly. Vandalism claims are classed as accidental damage for the insurer where I work, and as you dont know the scum who caused this damage it would be classed as a "fault accident" because your insurers have no-one else to claim from....they shouldnt penalise your NCB as long as their is no money paid out on your claim though..so that would keep it pretty cheap, but just increase it slightly due to all the "risk assessment" that insurance is based on..i.e apparently having a claim like this puts you at risk of having another accident within the next couple of years (altho I fail to understand that myself!) so get yourself a quote done, look at your excess and go from there.

Hope that Helps,

Blue

Thats brilliant Blue ... exactly what i wanted to know! You're a star! :thumbsup:

I had a feeling that they would do something like increase your premiums when you told them about it .. so i wanted to ask first and clear things up. Good to know we have such top people on here in nearly every field .. top stuff! B)

u mite drop lucky and see the lad again when your next at work, then you can beat f**K out of him!!

Its a girl that did it mate ... i know cos the witness told me just before i legged it down the road to find them!

Anyway .. i've spoken to my local body shop and have asked them to get the new bonnet ordered, prepared and painted. So should be getting it fitted sometime next week!

Cheers!

Anyway .. i've spoken to my local body shop and have asked them to get the new bonnet ordered, prepared and painted. So should be getting it fitted sometime next week!

Are you getting it de-badged? ;)

Thats brilliant Blue ... exactly what i wanted to know! You're a star!  :thumbsup:

I had a feeling that they would do something like increase your premiums when you told them about it .. so i wanted to ask first and clear things up. Good to know we have such top people on here in nearly every field .. top stuff!  B)

I'm glad I can help!! :) Any other questions let me know.

Blue

Are you getting it de-badged? ;)

Nah mate .. i kinda like the Badge. Feel it looks a bit bare without it .. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links