Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice - Ipod Shuffle......

dave5282

Hi Guys,

Its coming up to the girlfriends birthday, and I was thinking about getting her the tiny little iPod shuffle, but then someone said I should pay the extra and buy an Ipod mini as they are far better value.

I have done loads of research but Iam totaly stumped as the both look good for the price, so should I buy the shuffle or Shell out more the mini? :wacko:

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

Right, firstly do not buy anything from Apple, let me explain why...

The Ipod is lovely, very stylish and that's the problem, it's become more of a fashion accesory and as players around it have been developing and building on features the Ipod generation after generation has just been getting more attractive. The design is there to blind you, the consumer, the actual product is superseeded by a large amount of players on the market that offer more features at a cheaper price. If you think your girlfriend can get over the fact that she's not like 90% of people with her little white headphones then i'd go for something other than an Ipod, sure when she opens it she may say "What's this"? and that is why you need to be ready to list all the impressive features the player i'm going to suggest you buy her has :)

The player i suggested is here: http://www.mp3players.co.uk/site/uk/hdd100.html

Compare the feature list to that of an Ipod Mini and then compare the prices... i think you'll agree that you're getting much more bang for your buck with the HDD-100.

Now the obvious defense to my argument is, she'll never use all those features, in that case buy her the ipod :)

Cheers for that. Thats quite a sales pitch. some impressive stuff on that site.

Still not sure though, am still tempted by the Apple

Get her a Mini unless she plans to use it to go running/jogging (in which case a shuffle is probably a better option).

I got my iPod over other "more capable" players for a couple of reasons.

1) The control wheel, I have yet to see any other control that comes close to this.

2) The amount of Accessories available for the iPod.

3) iTunes.

4) Smart Playlists (Check out iTunes to find out just how flexible smart playlists are)

5) It's a design classic!

The only downside is the relatively poor Battery life, but I have never run out of juice personally.

First of all anyone who tells you flatly "don't buy anything from Apple" is either a hater or simply someone who doesn't understand paying a little more for quality.

It took Apple to come into the market to make the BEST MP3 player with the best designs, best software and best ease of use. That is one reason why it is the best selling.

Can you get an MP3 player with the same capacity for less? Sure. You also could have bought a Hyundai instead of a Toyota. After all, they are cheaper. They have 4 seats a steering wheel and an engine, right?

So why don't you drive Korean crap?

Because quality matters to you, otherwise you'd be posting on Hyundai Crap Owners Club right now.

I suggest that before you go and buy that Hyundai of MP3 players, you check out the Apple product carefully.

See what software this other thing comes with. How fast does it download music? What accessories are available. You might even check out eOpinions.com to see what others think of it.

Apple does not make half-done products or pull the bait and switch with features. That is why the world copies Apples designs and inventions, not the other way around.

*steps off soap box*

I suggest the iPod mini. The shuffle is cool if you want something ultra-tiny, but personally I prefer having a screen to scroll though the choices.

If you think your girlfriend can get over the fact that she's not like 90% of people with her little white headphones then i'd go for something other than an Ipod, sure when she opens it she may say "What's this"? and that is why you need to be ready to list all the impressive features the player i'm going to suggest you buy her has :)

Right. And when you propose, get her a cubic zirconia and when she glares at you, you can explain all the features the cubic zirconia has over the natural diamond she asked for. :thumbsup:

I'm more than happy with my iPod. I don't regret buying it at all

Still not sure though, am still tempted by the apple

get her the Apple.

do you really want to say to your g/f "Here Darling - I got you an mp3 player. I know you wanted an ipod, but this was cheaper"

how comfy is your couch?

I love my 60gb ipod photo - cracking piece of kit.

Yeah, I spent about ages on the web the other night looking at pros and cons, eventually i thought "in for a penny in for a pound", or something similar which rymes with bucket but begins with 'F' and opted for a pink I pod mini, with a spot of free engraving on the back.

She 'will' be chuffed...I hopes

Cheers Guys!

I bought my GF a 20gig Ipod for xmas 2003. She adores it and won't go anywhere without it........... :D

Yeah, I spent about ages on the web the other night looking at pros and cons, eventually i thought "in for a penny in for a pound", or something similar which rymes with bucket but begins with 'F' and opted for a pink I pod mini, with a spot of free engraving on the back.

She 'will' be chuffed...I hopes

Cheers Guys!

Good man! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links