Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toc On Dvd

MSC_Kev

Hi all...

Would it be possible to make up a TOC promotional dvd? We did this in the MSC and put together a DVD lasting 40mins of feature's like owners cars, events such as JAE and santa pod shoot out's. Special 1 off interviews and other bits and pieces.

I have seen the odd video here and there on the TOC and I'm sure if someone has decent editing gear we could put something together. I have a good camera but no editing software to work from.

The DVD's would be sold at cost, just to cover the cost of the putting the whole package together.

It would require a small group of people to put together the relevant footage, it's a long process, we did a full year to make sure we covered everything.

Idea's I had for the dvd would be:

1. Feature cars, selection of us from the club

2. Event footage, JAE, Donny, Santa Pod, Track attack, The Ring etc etc.

3. TOC beer clip lol!

4. Special JAE part

That's just a small selection that could be put into it.

I'm up for this, anyone else interested in helping out putting this together. Need someone who is a wizard with editing software as that's where we can really make it look proffesional. Also anyone handy with camera work?

Kev :thumbsup:

Great idea!!!

i have all the equipment and software! but just not much time on my hands :(

but i would be happy to help out

Tim :thumbsup:

YES YES YES!

TOC Beer gets it own section!haha :D

Leeky is very handy with his editing tools and is currently making a TOC Beer DVD, I think at the moment it is about an hour or so long .. edited from about 10 hours of footage or something silly like that!hehe

I have been a proud member of TOC Beer since the beginning, and it only hit me when I got my own email!hehe:

Dave @ tocbeer.co.uk!!!

Good idea Kev, I'm sure Leeky would be able to do something, but we'll have to see his reply when it comes ..

I havent got any editing skills or software but I would definately buy one if it all came together :)

Blue

Excellent :)

I thought we would have people here who have the skills and equipment etc.....so great stuff.

What we did with the feature car sections, was to meet up with the owner say at the weekend, try and get a good day weather wise and find good location and make up 5 min features with action shots, scenery cuts, still images with backing music to make it all fit together.

Kev :)

i wouldn't mind gettin in on this.. aint got no skills apart from buying nice cars.. :rolleyes:

lol @ fizz

Well I think we have a damn good selection of cars here on the TOC and probably too many to put into one DVD.

We can probably do a good selection of 10-15 feature cars and then how about we try and get all the MR2's, Corolla's, Yaris's etc together on set date's to do some filming.

This can be done at some of the national meets anyway, so I'm sure it wouldn't be soo much of a problem.

Kev

lol @ fizz

Well I think we have a damn good selection of cars here on the TOC and probably too many to put into one DVD.

We can probably do a good selection of 10-15 feature cars and then how about we try and get all the MR2's, Corolla's, Yaris's etc together on set date's to do some filming.

This can be done at some of the national meets anyway, so I'm sure it wouldn't be soo much of a problem.

Kev

More than likely at JAE Kev, as that is the ONE meet that EVERYONE tries to get to, plus it will mean a lot .. a LOT of drunken TOCers :D

lol @ fizz

Kev

More than likely at JAE Kev, as that is the ONE meet that EVERYONE tries to get to, plus it will mean a lot .. a LOT of drunken TOCers :D

Hmm.. maybe i should think abotu going then.. :rolleyes:

Yes JAE will be superb for footage as it brings the club together, hence this deserves a special feature and will also enable a lot of filming to be done.

Also has a good dual carriage way for some action shots, I don't mind hanging out of car's filming, done it on a few occasions, once all I can say is thank god the camera was strapped to me :o

I'll upload some vids we made last year when I get back from work, to give you an idea of what I've done in the past.

Kev

Right, so we have a couple of software guys, a few cameras, a car club, and a nutter cameraman ..

sounds like the perfect makings of a DVD :P

*Cough* don't forget the rare cars! glanza, sera, paseo's

i don't just want to see a video full of a load mr2 and yaris's :ph34r:

tim :thumbsup:

I have been a proud member of TOC Beer since the beginning, and it only hit me when I got my own email!hehe:

Dave @ tocbeer.co.uk!!!

:lol::lol: I have one of them also how could I forget!!

The toc beer vids are classic and as dave said lee is in the the process of making a big old video ;)

Toc beer at JAE 2004..... oh dear

*Cough* don't forget the rare cars! glanza, sera, paseo's

i don't just want to see a video full of a load mr2 and yaris's :ph34r:

tim :thumbsup:

Yes, don't worry they won't be missed out. Just didn't want to list every toyota model :P ;)

Kev :thumbsup:

Sounds like a wicked plan :thumbsup: I have Adobe Premiere for editing.... tho i dont quite have the skillz Leeky does :P

Dont forget the SoTOC section..... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds like a great idea - I dont do video editing, know a little about it from my Media Studies days, but not enough to help you guys....

When its done - let us know and we'll stick it in the TOC Newsletter!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Please Please Please don't forget the Scottish members,

Ok some of us are going to JAE so some filming could be done then...,but not all of us can make it, and for those that are going , it's possibly the only national meet we can attend.

But if we have any Scottish members who are wannabe film directors, then a meet should be arranged and all the footage could be passed on to whoever makes the final DVD.. This should be easy enough to do.

TOC Beer the Movie is due for premiere at JAE this Summer (most likely Saturday night as most people will be there that day).

Its FAR from finished though. Production kinda stopped just before xmas and Germany this Thursday is when filming officailly commences :D :lol:

I'll try to get as many TOC member into the film as i can, if you would like your car popping up in the DVD make sure you get out and about and go too all the meets and shows as thats where i'll be and i'll have the camera ;)

After TOC Beer the Movie we'll more than likely do something a little more club related and less TOC-RG/Drunkeness related :lol::thumbsup:

Dont forget the SoTOC section.....  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Too right! Hehehe.

Great idea, I'd definately buy it. If you need any graphics for titles etc, let me know :thumbsup:

Got the full editing studio with DVD-RW here and plenty of time to sift through footage when needed, anything from basic cuts to de-colouration, transitions and frame by frame editing.

Check my Film Site - http://www.cba-productions.co.uk

Great idea anyhow!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links