Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coupling

scionic

OK. I know Coupling is over and done with there, but we're just discovering it stateside. Just wanted to say I really dig the show. The quality of the programming you produce in the UK never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure the BBC makes its fair share of crap too, but we only see the good stuff here.

Personally I think Friends is insipid and annoying and I tell everyone so. Coupling vs. Friends is a great example of what makes your "telly" so much better for the most part.

Coupling is clever and sharp and sexy, where Friends is predictably dull "family friendly" humor.

So who loves Coupling?

:thumbsup:

girls_series3_640.jpg

I've never actually watched it myself - I prefer Friends! :thumbsup:

On the whole I dont prefer US or UK comedy more - we make some good stuff (The Office, Red Dwarf, Only Fools & Horses, Green Wing, Little Britain) and you lot make some good stuff (Friends, Frasier, Sex & the City, Desperate Housewives, Will & Grace) etc etc etc! And you do good drama - we love 24 & CSI over here!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Has the US version of The Office been shown over there yet? Apparently it has had mixed reviews from critics - a lot of the stuff thats been exported to the US and remade has fizzled into obscurity (anyone remember US Men Behaving Badly & US Ab Fab? lol)

I loved Coupling. Its still on UK Gold/BBC3 occasionally, definitely worth a watch (esp you 30+ peeps, male and female).

Personally, I dont like US comedys. They are all very predictable and usually rehash old scripts from other programs. Friends is the only one that I could watch.

US drama is one hell of alot better, CSI is my fav programme :D

I quite like "Two Pints Of Lager and A Packet Of Crisps" - I guess that isn't available in the US though (too many translation problems? :rolleyes: )

I quite like "Two Pints Of Lager and A Packet Of Crisps" - I guess that isn't available in the US though (too many translation problems?  :rolleyes: )

Two beers and a bag of potato chips, I got ya. :thumbsup:

We don't have that here though, no. Never heard of it.

I do agree we have some good programs here, CSI is one of them.

I guess I'm a bit of an Anglophile (that means I want to give you all a big hug) and I dig most Brit comedy.

Red Dwarf was brilliant, loved that.

Haven't seen The Office yet, but a friend tells me it's hilarious.

Friends is... meh... I'm surprised its popular there. I guess its OK, but its so "safe" and not racy compared with Coupling that it sort of disgusts me in a side by side comparison.

We are a little too uptight about making comedies here. Can't risk humor so clever it might be over someones head, and God forbid someone says '*****' or '!Removed!' or something. Can't have a comedy show for adults, everything on broadcast TV has to be suitable for 5 year olds. :blink:

Has the US version of The Office been shown over there yet? Apparently it has had mixed reviews from critics - a lot of the stuff thats been exported to the US and remade has fizzled into obscurity (anyone remember US Men Behaving Badly & US Ab Fab? lol)

Not sure if we have the U.S. version of The Office yet, but I'll pass. Everything of yours we touch turns to crap.

They made a U.S. version of Coupling too, I haven't seen it. I didn't have to. I had complete confidence it would be dog crap, and I was right apparently-- it got cancelled after like 6 episodes. :yes:

Now I'm a bit curious to see it, just to know how much it actually sucked.

It's much, much better when they bring over the original programs. I wish they'd do more. It's great to see newer stuff like Coupling and Red Dwarf especially. There are only so many episodes of Are You Being Served and Benny Hill you can watch before you long for something a little more current. LOL.

Ah Dr. Who. I forgot about Dr. Who.

I LOVE DR. WHO!!!

Even the old ones, maybe especially the old ones.

I could watch Tom Baker fight Daleks and Cybermen all day long. :thumbsup:

We are getting the U.S version of the office. Think they are going to show it on BBC 3 . Tis what I heard on the radio today anyway!

Ah. I just saw an actor from the American verison of The Office on the Today show this morning. The guy was actually really funny. I saw some clips from the show and I have to say, it looks promising. They may have got this one right. (fingers crossed)

coupling is hilarious and likewise some of the one liners in friends are quite good although the humour is predictable.

i hate the sex in the city program, cant see that as being a comedy, more of a womens only program as it revolves around them.

simpsons - now there's a class act..... although i enjoyed futurama a lot more cos of bender and the pj's was good whilst it lasted :)

coupling is hilarious and likewise some of the one liners in friends are quite good although the humour is predictable.

i hate the s*x in the city program, cant see that as being a comedy, more of a womens only program as it revolves around them.

simpsons - now there's a class act..... although i enjoyed futurama a lot more cos of bender and the pj's was good whilst it lasted :)

I LOVED the PJs

Wheres it gone? :(

Two beers and a bag of potato chips, I got ya.  :thumbsup:

We don't have that here though, no. Never heard of it.

I do agree we have some good programs here, CSI is one of them.

I guess I'm a bit of an Anglophile (that means I want to give you all a big hug) and I dig most Brit comedy.

Red Dwarf was brilliant, loved that.

Haven't seen The Office yet, but a friend tells me it's hilarious.

Sorry not seen Couples but I had to agree with Red Dwarf being brillant! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't bother with The Office, it's :censor: I've never understood why it's funny... Maybe it's an english thing... *cowers expecting backlash*

i hate the sex in the city program, cant see that as being a comedy, more of a womens only program as it revolves around them.

My other half loves SATC - we watch my DVDs together - he likes the character Samantha - because she loves sex and every episode shes bonking a new bloke (apart from when she got together with Smith of course! lol) It is a comedy though - its actually very funny (and very rude! lol) Shame it had to end but it ended on a brilliant high - I love Big! :lol::thumbsup:

Simpsons is great - we have Seasons 1-5 on DVD of that too - love the Simpsons - its pure brilliance! We also love Futurama - its a shame it got cancelled - the public loved it but Fox decided it wasnt the Simpsons (like DURRRR!) so they cancelled it - such a shame - Bender is brilliant! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links